Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nabeelj
Must register: https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acelanding.action?offer=SkyMilesPartners1KOffer

New Partner activity must be completed by June 30, 2017.

Bonus miles post several days after base miles.

Hits expected to result in acquiring miles for less than USD 0.01 per mile:

Skymiles Shopping ($1 Groupon purchase) - 2 + 1000
Skymiles Dining ($2 drink purchase) - 6 + 1000
2K Club Carlson (worth ~$8) - 200 + 1000
1K Amex CA MR (worth ~$14) - 750 + 1000
1K Amex US MR (worth ~$16) - 1000 + 1000
SuperShuttle ($10 no-show ride from airport) - 50 + 1000

Amex US MR and Amex CA MR may not count as unique hits. Not clear if Delta Amex will count as a unique hit from Amex MR.
Print Wikipost

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
In that particular post, I was targeting Gilt, which is a partner on its own, outside of Skymiles Shopping.

They had a $5 event ticket listed for this past weekend, so I bought one. Nothing has credited and no indication in any way that it will, so I suspect I will have to fight pretty hard for this "hit"...
Delta's partners page does say

"New Gilt customers earn 1,000 bonus miles for your first purchase of $50 or more."

That might be separate from this promotion, though. It does strike me, however, that a lot of the things you can buy via Gilt are for brands that there are current Amex offers for and I'd imagine they're stackable.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
"New Gilt customers earn 1,000 bonus miles for your first purchase of $50 or more."
When you click thru into the T&C of the offer, it also lists 1 mile/$ on all purchases, including the Gilt City offers. So I'm "expecting" to eventually see 5 miles post.

But the signup process on the website is buggy, so who knows...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
When you click thru into the T&C of the offer, it also lists 1 mile/$ on all purchases, including the Gilt City offers. So I'm "expecting" to eventually see 5 miles post.

But the signup process on the website is buggy, so who knows...
I went there to take a look at what it was and i'm stuck in an endless loop of email -> password -> skymiles# -> email

I don't even know how to get into the Gilt website
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
If you can find an AirBnB bed for $9 or under with a $1 service fee and no cleaning fee, the cpm is less than 1 cent.

Unfortunately, so far, only place I have found one like that is in Thailand. I have no idea if no-shows would work.

Anyone have an AirBnb property that you want to set up a mileage running room for?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:14 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
If you can find an AirBnB bed for $9 or under with a $1 service fee and no cleaning fee, the cpm is less than 1 cent.

Unfortunately, so far, only place I have found one like that is in Thailand. I have no idea if no-shows would work.

Anyone have an AirBnb property that you want to set up a mileage running room for?
That could actually benefit all involved
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by C W
That could actually benefit all involved
AirBnB requires you to pay ahead of time; some rates are refundable, some aren't. If you book a non-refundable rate, I'd imagine it doesn't matter if you show up or not, since the host still gets the money.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
AirBnB requires you to pay ahead of time; some rates are refundable, some aren't. If you book a non-refundable rate, I'd imagine it doesn't matter if you show up or not, since the host still gets the money.
Also, note that the Skymiles activity does not show up until you actually check in (or until the check-in date arrives, not totally sure which one).

Booked an Airbnb in March for a stay in May, paid in March, and then paid the day after we checked in.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:38 pm

Anyway to get Amex to rush my points? I just opened a card last week and 1st statement closes early next month. Already hit min spend, and wondering if I should call Amex to change the statement date. I mean it's an extra 1k points, probably worth it.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Just bought something from Nordstrom Rack via Skymiles Shopping.

Took 1 day for the points from Nordstrom to show up.

Took 3 days after purchase for the bonus 1000 to show up
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Anyway to get Amex to rush my points? I just opened a card last week and 1st statement closes early next month. Already hit min spend, and wondering if I should call Amex to change the statement date. I mean it's an extra 1k points, probably worth it.
I once tried to get my closing date moved earlier (so that Mileage Boost MQMs would post sooner ) and it backfired:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27132933

YMMV
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by banquero
I went there to take a look at what it was and i'm stuck in an endless loop of email -> password -> skymiles# -> email

I don't even know how to get into the Gilt website
Theoretically, once you set up the account and link it to SkyMiles, it should remember the connection for all future visits, not via a click-thru like with the Shopping portal.

You can break out of the loop by clicking the tiny link at the bottom for "STYLE DIRECTORY"
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler

I did this. Booked a bed for $12, that time there was a promo of x3 for each dollar spent. I got a total of 1036 miles

On the day of my arrival, I informed them can't make it and asked them not to cancel the reservation as I already paid and they will get paid anyhow. It worked!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Another data point:

Lyft taken on June 10, 7 miles posted on June 19, and bonus miles posted today (june 21).

Still no TrueBlue points but not that I really care about those currently.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by hnandito
I did this. Booked a bed for $12, that time there was a promo of x3 for each dollar spent. I got a total of 1036 miles

On the day of my arrival, I informed them can't make it and asked them not to cancel the reservation as I already paid and they will get paid anyhow. It worked!
Good to know! Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$12 for 1036 Delta miles?

Doesn't seem worth it to me - and that's not including the effort also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.