Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nabeelj
Must register: https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acelanding.action?offer=SkyMilesPartners1KOffer

New Partner activity must be completed by June 30, 2017.

Bonus miles post several days after base miles.

Hits expected to result in acquiring miles for less than USD 0.01 per mile:

Skymiles Shopping ($1 Groupon purchase) - 2 + 1000
Skymiles Dining ($2 drink purchase) - 6 + 1000
2K Club Carlson (worth ~$8) - 200 + 1000
1K Amex CA MR (worth ~$14) - 750 + 1000
1K Amex US MR (worth ~$16) - 1000 + 1000
SuperShuttle ($10 no-show ride from airport) - 50 + 1000

Amex US MR and Amex CA MR may not count as unique hits. Not clear if Delta Amex will count as a unique hit from Amex MR.
Print Wikipost

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
Nope.

Never downloaded the book. Not sure if that would have helped.
Since I don't have any organic spend to push toward SkyMiles Shopping before the end of this promotion, I ended up ordering a Groupon... turns out that's still a thing...

I ran a search in my local area then sorted by price. There were around 40 offers at $1. Bought a voucher for a 15% discount at a local bakery. I may even use it.

2 miles showed up 2 days later.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
So Delta has a lot of hotel partners, but I'm not familiar with which ones do and don't allow you to transfer points, and what the minimum transfers might be. I looked up Club Carlson, and you can transfer 2000 points to get 200 miles. Even with the bonus, 2000 points to 1,200 miles seems like a pretty crappy deal to me. Are any of the hotel options any better?

Also, since award stays/points and cash stays don't earl any points, I"m assuming they would not be eligible for this offer? I have a Hilton cash and points stay coming up, but I know I won't be earning any Hilton points for it.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
Are any of the hotel options any better?
SPG Platinum status allows for a single point -> single mile transfer.

Aside from that, none of them seem like a good value.

I did do the Club Carlson transfer because I have way, way too many CC points from their credit card and they no longer match my travel patterns, so 2000 points -> 1200 miles was fine value. I'm flirting with a Hilton transfer for the same reasons, as 10000 -> 2000 is still decent value, rather than decaying away in a Hilton account.

But those are both situational.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
So Delta has a lot of hotel partners, but I'm not familiar with which ones do and don't allow you to transfer points, and what the minimum transfers might be. I looked up Club Carlson, and you can transfer 2000 points to get 200 miles. Even with the bonus, 2000 points to 1,200 miles seems like a pretty crappy deal to me. Are any of the hotel options any better?

Also, since award stays/points and cash stays don't earl any points, I"m assuming they would not be eligible for this offer? I have a Hilton cash and points stay coming up, but I know I won't be earning any Hilton points for it.
All points are not valued the same. Club Carlson points are worth around 0.5 cents per point. Delta Skymiles are worth closer to 1.3 cents per point. So 1200 skymiles would be worth more than 2000 Club Carlson.

I did the transfer simply because there are few Club Carlson properties in the US and I don't have many opportunities to use the points. I'm flying Delta 3-4x this year and its much easier to use skymiles.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I did a quick analysis last night, and these are the partners available to me where I feel I can acquire DL miles for less than USD 0.01 per mile under this promo:

1K Amex CA MR (worth ~$14) - 750 + 1000
1K Amex US MR (worth ~$16) - 1000 + 1000 (will prob skip as I suspect it won't count uniquely from Amex CA MR)

I have added these to the Wiki.

Am I missing any obvious ones?

Last edited by nabeelj; Jun 15, 2017 at 7:53 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I did a quick analysis last night, and these are the partners available to me where I feel I can acquire DL miles for less than USD 0.01 per mile under this promo:

Amex CA MR (worth ~$14) - 750 + 1000
Amex US MR (worth ~$16) - 1000 + 1000 (will prob skip as I suspect it won't count uniquely from Amex CA MR)

I have added these to the Wiki.

Am I missing any obvious ones?
Lyft. You could easily schedule a short ride. I did an airport ride (14 miles) that cost $16, used a new user credit for $10 off. Got 42 skymiles for the Lyft and then 1000 bonus. came out to less than 1 cent per mile (approx 0.8 cents)

And that was me actually having a legit usage. You could just schedule a ride around the block for like $5
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by banquero
Lyft. You could easily schedule a short ride. I did an airport ride (14 miles) that cost $16, used a new user credit for $10 off. Got 42 skymiles for the Lyft and then 1000 bonus. came out to less than 1 cent per mile (approx 0.8 cents)

And that was me actually having a legit usage. You could just schedule a ride around the block for like $5
Lyft is not in my city yet (Toronto)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
Probably better to do this as a legitimate $30 dine to target the new member bonus, if it fits your dining patterns.

I'm wondering if there is an angle at Gilt... They have $5 socks right now, and there is a 20% off coupon floating around, but shipping is $7.95.

$5-$1+$7.95 = $11.95 for 1004 miles

Maybe there is a better angle?

EDIT: Do the "Gilt City" voucher deals count as miles earning? There are a few low cost, as low as $5... If those count, and there is no shipping, that might be a way.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jun 15, 2017 at 9:18 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Probably better to do this as a legitimate $30 dine to target the new member bonus, if it fits your dining patterns.
I'm outside the US, so buying it "remotely" like I did years ago for US Air Grand Slam.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Has anyone actually tried the Supershuttle option? Does it post?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:07 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Can somebody specific a route for the Supershuttle that only costs $10?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by C W
Can somebody specific a route for the Supershuttle that only costs $10?
Here's an idea for anyone contemplating a cheap way to generate SuperShuttle activity, recycled from the USAirways Grand Slam promotion a few years ago:

The cheapest possible ride in the system is apparently one-way PHX -> aLoft Phoenix Airport. With promo code UYR59, the rate is $10.

In the USAirways promo, it counted even for a no show, so lots of folks scheduled mid-day rides (so that no extra shuttle would be sent) and simply no-showed.

Not sure I'm up for spending $10 for 1050 miles without knowing for sure it would credit but the idea is out there.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:02 pm

I'm wondering if there is an angle at Gilt... They have $5 socks right now, and there is a 20% off coupon floating around, but shipping is $7.95.

$5-$1+$7.95 = $11.95 for 1004 miles

Maybe there is a better angle?
If you are looking to do eshopping partner, just buy some groceries at walmart. I bought paper towels, toilet paper, soap, shaving cream, etc for around $50. These were things i need (or would soon need) anyway. That dollar amount qualified for free shipping. So buying things i would have normally purchased from grocery store and no shipping made my effective cost zero for this partner promotion.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by banquero
If you are looking to do eshopping partner, just buy some groceries at walmart.
In that particular post, I was targeting Gilt, which is a partner on its own, outside of Skymiles Shopping.

They had a $5 event ticket listed for this past weekend, so I bought one. Nothing has credited and no indication in any way that it will, so I suspect I will have to fight pretty hard for this "hit"...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I've had new postings from Lyft, SkyMiles Dining, Holiday Inn, and Hyatt, but I've had only 2 bonuses post (and those 2 posted quite quickly.) I'll have a shopping transaction post at some point too. Hope these bonuses all show up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.