Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wish list: "This is what you will earn"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I would really appreciate a function on DL.com like this. Something like a link within the PNR that shows you MQMs, RDMs, MQDs for this itinerary based on your status, amount paid, and class of service. (Of course, if flown).

I think DL.com provides this at time of purchase. But wouldn't it be easy (and nice) to provide on an ongoing basis in the PNR? (Would also let you see the effect of changes, after purchase).

I imagine there would need to be some indicator that this is merely indicative (so that it's not binding, in the event of some error, etc.). But would be helpful to have the work done for me.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I'd appreciate that functionality as well. I try to capture the info when booking but sometimes just forget and I haven't found a way to get it afterwards. Its very helpful when plotting trips for next year's status.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Me too. I write it down at booking so I don't have to calculate the numbers later, but it would be nice to always be able to pull them up with the PNR.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes you can do a dummy booking to get the info. Clicking on the flight number usually shows the distance in miles, so if you know the rules, you can calculate your MQMs very easily. I don't worry about MQDs or RDMs (I have so many of them) unless there's a special RDM promo and then I try to verify that I received the correct number.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:13 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I either go the route of the dummy booking or use gcmap.com and manually correct any segments under 500 miles, as any flight under 500 miles or under earns 500 MQMs.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwma
I would really appreciate a function on DL.com like this. Something like a link within the PNR that shows you MQMs, RDMs, MQDs for this itinerary based on your status, amount paid, and class of service. (Of course, if flown).

I think DL.com provides this at time of purchase. But wouldn't it be easy (and nice) to provide on an ongoing basis in the PNR? (Would also let you see the effect of changes, after purchase).

I imagine there would need to be some indicator that this is merely indicative (so that it's not binding, in the event of some error, etc.). But would be helpful to have the work done for me.
Agree 100%. I started for 2017 (nerd alert here) a spreadsheet with the MQMs I am supposed to earn for each flight listed for status information.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This would be a nice addition when viewing your itineraries... to have the RDM/MQD/MQM in there with the flight info.

DL could even probably spin this and make a feature for the 'buy up' to say you'll earn an additional xxxx miles and MQM by buying up to first class!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
The Great Circle Mapper is a fantastic tool for calculating distance flown, then just do some simple math for status, class bonuses, etc. I have an Excel spreadsheet to track all this.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by azdmelani
Agree 100%. I started for 2017 (nerd alert here) a spreadsheet with the MQMs I am supposed to earn for each flight listed for status information.

I'm not the only one!

I agree this would be really useful - I end up using an unofficial calculator online (which is *really* useful for partner bookings) and storing it all (or at least MQM and RDM) in a spreadsheet with future and past earnings added up. Makes it easy to see how I'm tracking against were I'll be this year, etc.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

I still use this (https://fly.qux.us/smcalc/) which is old and from before fare based RDM earning. But it's something.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by flyerwma
I still use this (https://fly.qux.us/smcalc/) which is old and from before fare based RDM earning. But it's something.
I use this for MQM and have a spreadsheet which does the RDM (MQD * 11 for DM). I also track All In Costs and many other details. All In and MQD from the receipt which is readily available in MY TRIPS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.