Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight type [DL 49 AMS-JFK]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Flight type [DL 49 AMS-JFK]

Hi . New to this forum, so maybe my question is on the wrong thread. If so , please help me to redirect this. I will travel this summer from Amsterdam to New York with flight DL49. But how can I find out what type of plane this is ?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Well today it's a 767. Your confirmation email or ticket should tell you.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Well today it's a 767. Your confirmation email or ticket should tell you.
Thanks. It is not stated on my confirmation email or ticket (it is a package including cruise). If my quick search on Google is correct; 767 is an rather old plane. Any experiences regarding the inboard entairtainment on these planes ? Travelling with 3 kids, and I now from rather new planes there is a lot of possibilities regarding multimedia on their screens. But not sure about these ones... Long trip, and would really like my kids to be occupied...:-)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Well the most recently delivered 767 was a freighter delivered to FedEx this month, so not necessarily old, however the aircraft currently operating DL49 today is 26 years old which is shockingly old, but then the US airlines are known for their rather aged fleets.

No idea on interior as I've never flown DL, I've alerted a mod to move this thread to the Delta forum where I think you will have lots of experts able to provide more accurate advice. Make sure you monitor this thread using your subsription list by clicking "My Flyertalk" at the top of the page on your PC or on Subscriptions on the navigation menu on your phone as it may not be in the Information Desk Subforum if it is moved.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by olejt1
Thanks. It is not stated on my confirmation email or ticket (it is a package including cruise). If my quick search on Google is correct; 767 is an rather old plane. Any experiences regarding the inboard entairtainment on these planes ? Travelling with 3 kids, and I now from rather new planes there is a lot of possibilities regarding multimedia on their screens. But not sure about these ones... Long trip, and would really like my kids to be occupied...:-)
Go to Delta's website and try a dummy booking on the date you are travelling. Click on Details for your flight and it will display the aircraft type. I've tried a date in August and it displayed Airbus A330-300.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:43 am

But how can I find out what type of plane this is ?
www.delta.com ?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Go to Delta's website and try a dummy booking on the date you are travelling. Click on Details for your flight and it will display the aircraft type. I've tried a date in August and it displayed Airbus A330-300.

Thanks for the advice; I now checked on my flight, and yes it is at the moment displayed with Airbus A330-300. Must admit I was happy for that..
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:18 am

.Any experiences regarding the inboard entairtainment on these planes ?
I hate to sound like a broken record, but www.delta.com ?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:24 am

Thanks for the advice; I now checked on my flight, and yes it is at the moment displayed with Airbus A330-300. Must admit I was happy for that..
Welcome to FT, olejt1.

While the FT Delta forum may have better answers, this page on the Delta website should give you an idea of what is offered on each aircraft: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../Aircraft.html
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Or: seatguru.com and type in the airline, flight # and date. You will see an overview of what should be offered (knowing that there can be swap outs or you may end up on a different version) as well as flyer "reviews" of various seats (usual caveat on reviews; people only post if they love or hate something).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk olejt1.

Please follow the redirect as we send this off to the DL forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
All DL 767s flying TATL have individual screens in coach. Frankly, it's one of my favorites in Y.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
DL's A333s will all have personal IFE as well. Delta's IFE is pretty good: movies, games, tv, [and the moving map] for your kids.

AFAIK, the oldest A333 is ex-NW and about 14 years old.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
FWIW, all of DL's 763s that are used transatlantic have recently refurbished interiors, so even if the aircraft frame itself is 20+ years old, you'd never know in terms of the actual on-board experience.

So, if your flight gets switched from the A330 to the 763, don't despair - they look pretty similar on the inside (in Y, anyway).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many people feel that the 767 is the best wide body DL aircraft for coach. In particular, the 2-3-2 configuration has few middle seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.