Community
Wiki Posts
Search

@Delta having a little fun

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets
https://twitter.com/Delta/status/846397064858750976

Edit for mobile users: "We don't have an item-specific clothing policy, but we encourage no swimwear, sleepwear or underwear as your outerwear. �� *MC" from Delta twitter
so that disqualifies superman. Dang! I asked him to come along on a mileage run.
(not that he can't fly...)
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by jeet
so that disqualifies superman. Dang! I asked him to come along on a mileage run.
(not that he can't fly...)
He can already fly faster than the plane....but it also DQ's Aquaman who definitely would need a flight!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
but wait what if Delta One to Asia?

Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
As a believer in karma I wouldn't have made that tweet.

Hopefully nothing comes to bite DL in the rear end.

Put me in the camp the nosy lady butted her head into a situation she had no business being a part of. Really empathize with airlines in situations like these.

Last edited by apodo77; Mar 28, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold
But were they "unaccompanied minors"?

I found myself more interested in other scenarios...

1. Several stories imply a group of three non-rev girls, and reportedly two were turned away. If there was a third girl, did she board and take the flight?

2. Were the non-rev girls starting from DIA, or were they returning to MSP?

3. Did the girls who were turned away become, in effect, unaccompanied minors?

That would be an interesting dilemma--three non-rev girls returning from a visit to Denver, and the oldest of the trio being properly attired, boards, but the younger ones flunk pass traveler dress code and don't make the flight.

Would "unexpectedly unaccompanied" trump "pass dress code"?

Fly safely,
waywardflf

Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by waywardflf
I found myself more interested in other scenarios...

1. Several stories imply a group of three non-rev girls, and reportedly two were turned away. If there was a third girl, did she board and take the flight?

2. Were the non-rev girls starting from DIA, or were they returning to MSP?

3. Did the girls who were turned away become, in effect, unaccompanied minors?

That would be an interesting dilemma--three non-rev girls returning from a visit to Denver, and the oldest of the trio being properly attired, boards, but the younger ones flunk pass traveler dress code and don't make the flight.

Would "unexpectedly unaccompanied" trump "pass dress code"?

Fly safely,
waywardflf

For Delta, in general I don't expect there would be an exception to let improperly dressed nonrevs board just because they could become unaccompanied children. If that were the case, the adult companion would also be denied boarding, or the parents would be called, and either way a report would likely be filed.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
What a stupid thing for Delta to post. As a nonrev you know there is a dress code that you must follow. Buy a ticket if you don't care what you look like. Wearing something like leggings just makes the person look lazy. Like my sister says, if you have nice legs, show them off. The same goes for guys wearing something like a sleeveless shirt and swim trunks while flying. Enjoy the burn going down that slide should we end up in an emergency evacuation.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by waywardflf
As I understand it, there were two non-rev teens. The third girl was a revenue passenger who wouldn't have been affected by the rules.
"A second group in line behind the teenagers, including a younger girl also wearing leggings, is believed by United to have seen the exchange between the gate agent and the teenagers who were denied boarding, according to Guerin. A woman in the party took a dress out of the party's carry-on luggage to cover the younger girl.

Guerin said there was no exchange between the family with the younger girl and the gate attendant nor was there any mention of the dress code to the family, which was believed to be flying on a regular ticket. They departed on the flight to Denver."
Source: http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/26/news...ode/index.html
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I thought Delta, without having unions to protect its line workers from an overbearing employer, would have had the more restrictive rules. Go figure.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does DL permit UMs to fly nonrev, either as a family member of an employee or using a buddy pass?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Delta's social media team is on point

Seizing on a rivals misstep gave them free good publicity and good will among those who may not get in weeds about specific policy.

Retweets

Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does DL permit UMs to fly nonrev, either as a family member of an employee or using a buddy pass?
Yes non rev can fly UM. My daughter goes through the same process as everyone else that's a UM with the special services and the bracelet.

The biggest difference is that non rev UM cannot take a connection at all. Doesn't matter if they're 6 or 14. Since space is never a Garuntee and they don't want to be responsible for a UM potentially overnight or longer if they get stuck....good policy IMO.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by apodo77
Put me in the camp the nosy lady butted her head into a situation she had no business being a part of. Really empathize with airlines in situations liek these.
This. People really need to mind their own business when they don't know the whole story.

Non rev dress codes have been relaxed over time. Years ago if flying non rev on NW, jeans weren't permitted.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLMiddleSeats
Yes non rev can fly UM. My daughter goes through the same process as everyone else that's a UM with the special services and the bracelet.

The biggest difference is that non rev UM cannot take a connection at all. Doesn't matter if they're 6 or 14. Since space is never a Garuntee and they don't want to be responsible for a UM potentially overnight or longer if they get stuck....good policy IMO.
I would hope that parents wouldn't send a kid nonrev as a UM (or even 15-17 and therefore unable to procure a hotel room) where connections are involved.

In the UA leggingsgate thread, there's been speculation that the two teens trying to nonrev in leggings were part of a party of three (was the third the father wearing shorts?), with the third person taking the DEN-MSP flight (which IIRC is the only UA nonstop on this route, or am I thinking of the single daily SFO-MSP nonstop on UA?) without the other two. I realize that UA allows younger kids to travel along without UM service than DL does, but I've been having a hard time imagining the GA having time to process UM paperwork and collect payment when the adult was boarded if this meant that the two in leggings were suddenly flying as UMs on a later flight.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would hope that parents wouldn't send a kid nonrev as a UM (or even 15-17 and therefore unable to procure a hotel room) where connections are involved.

In the UA leggingsgate thread, there's been speculation that the two teens trying to nonrev in leggings were part of a party of three (was the third the father wearing shorts?), with the third person taking the DEN-MSP flight (which IIRC is the only UA nonstop on this route, or am I thinking of the single daily SFO-MSP nonstop on UA?) without the other two. I realize that UA allows younger kids to travel along without UM service than DL does, but I've been having a hard time imagining the GA having time to process UM paperwork and collect payment when the adult was boarded if this meant that the two in leggings were suddenly flying as UMs on a later flight.
I can't speak for UA but on DL, I don't have to pay for the UM service.

But on a nonstop only, unless there is a diversion there isn't much to UM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.