Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Cabin Cost Cutting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:23 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Of course this was in the main cabin.
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Same food ATL-NRT last week. I skip the mid-flight and pre-arrival 'meal' nowadays because they are so poor.
I tend to skip "Main Cabin" on these types of flights.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
I tend to skip "Main Cabin" on these types of flights.
exactly ... and "Main Cabin" reports are SO relevant to the thread topic
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by C W
It has nothing to do with getting the dancing deer cookie or ice cream or anything else instead of the candy bar, I likely wouldn't eat any of them as I don't really like sweets. Serving a candy bar in a premium cabin just shows a cheap, callous disregard for customers. Imagine going to a restaurant and having a Snickers plonked in front of you after your meal.
I mean in EK F they give you a basket of packaged foods in your suite to snack on whenever you want and that basket includes candy bars. I think mine last year had a Mars Bar, Toblerone, and some other packaged stuff.

Last edited by Duke787; Mar 27, 2017 at 8:12 am
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Maybe I'm missing something, but the OP seems to be under the impression ATL-LAX is the same as TRANSCON D1 service.

This sounds like a typical Delta F meal. There aren't multiple courses. It's a meal served on a single tray and a small side salad sounds typical. Dessert is normally a cookie or some odd piece of cake.

Just because it's an international aircraft, doesn't mean D1 service.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Maybe I'm missing something, but the OP seems to be under the impression ATL-LAX is the same as TRANSCON D1 service.

This sounds like a typical Delta F meal. There aren't multiple courses. It's a meal served on a single tray and a small side salad sounds typical. Dessert is normally a cookie or some odd piece of cake.

Just because it's an international aircraft, doesn't mean D1 service.
I was just getting ready to post this since it is not a true transcon much less international flight. The lie-flats are not guaranteed on ATL-LAX-ATL yet one can get at least the 767s perhaps once a day.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by C W
Of course Delta Domestic First Class isn't a 3 Michelin Star experience. But that doesn't mean that it can't have standards, and personally I would like one of those standards to include not serving candy bars as part of a meal.
I'm not expecting a 3 Michelin Star experience. But I'm also disappointed with the meals that appear to have been runover by 3 Michelin tires.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
The candy bar is the most hilarious part. Like, did they realize they lacked desserts so someone just made a Costco run? Why couldn't they pick up prepacked cookies there instead or something?

... Milky Way bar lol
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by C W
I would like one of those standards to include not serving candy bars as part of a meal.
How would you feel if the candy bar was served with a knife and fork? I've employed this tactic for years and it greatly helps to separate myself from the masses.

I also eat my M&Ms with a spoon.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
How would you feel if the candy bar was served with a knife and fork? I've employed this tactic for years and it greatly helps to separate myself from the masses.

Here is a picture! I know this is not a D1 route, but still pathetic for 5 hour flight. Steak was gross (as it should be on a US domestic flight) would have been nice to have dessert.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by aero0729
Here is a picture! I know this is not a D1 route, but still pathetic for 5 hour flight. Steak was gross (as it should be on a US domestic flight) would have been nice to have dessert.
Just wait until they roll out the Hot Pockets and Lunchables.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by pvn
Come on, let's not act like this is a Michelin 3 star dining experience.
I'm with PVN.......pretzels, peanuts, wine and water.....if transcon maybe different. I look forward to a good meal on the coasts or at home after arriving.....support poster's concern but it's just hard to eat meals on any carrier when flying domestic....give me the seat and some refreshments and let's move on. IMHO.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bcj1949
I'm with PVN.......pretzels, peanuts, wine and water.....if transcon maybe different. I look forward to a good meal on the coasts or at home after arriving.....support poster's concern but it's just hard to eat meals on any carrier when flying domestic....give me the seat and some refreshments and let's move on. IMHO.
I'd be good with a cheese plate and warmed nuts in many cases.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WWads
Agree!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
Agree....good cheese plate with crackers and some grapes. So much better IMHO than say salmon.

Oh and a steady beverage service.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight

We know who you are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.