Wiki Posts
Search

Delta wifi with a Dell Laptop

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta dm
Delta wifi with a Dell Laptop

I am going to be traveling today with a new dell labtop that has a microsoft store but doesnt have the gogo app as an option. What is going to be my best way to hook to get on the internet? Thanks for the help. ☺
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
No app required, just fire up Internet Explorer and it should direct you to gogo homepage
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Awesome. Thanks. I am flying to AMS today and was hoping I would be able to connect. Do you think I will have satellite the whole way over the Atlantic?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Awesome. Thanks. I am flying to AMS today and was hoping I would be able to connect. Do you think I will have satellite the whole way over the Atlantic?
Any browser should work. I use Chrome
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnewman
Any browser should work. I use Chrome
Thanks. So then you just go to the gogo page via chrome?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:10 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I prefer Firefox.

Once your computer is connected to wifi, when you try to access ANY internet page, except, maybe Delta.com, (like - gm.com - starbucks.com - flyertalk.com), you'll be directed to the gogo home page.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
I prefer Firefox.

Once your computer is connected to wifi, when you try to access ANY internet page, except, maybe Delta.com, (like - gm.com - starbucks.com - flyertalk.com), you'll be directed to the gogo home page.
Thanks Dave. Ill give firefox a try this time.^
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
You can probably also use:

http://airborne.gogoinflight.com/

I have this bookmarked as "Delta in-flight portal":

http://airborne.gogoinflight.com/gbp...execution=e1s1

But not sure the extra stuff matters/may just end up getting redirected there anyway.

If you aren't already logged in to Gogo, that page should have a link to sign in, or to watch content/flight map etc. without signing in.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
You can probably also use:

http://airborne.gogoinflight.com/

I have this bookmarked as "Delta in-flight portal":

http://airborne.gogoinflight.com/gbp...execution=e1s1

But not sure the extra stuff matters/may just end up getting redirected there anyway.

If you aren't already logged in to Gogo, that page should have a link to sign in, or to watch content/flight map etc. without signing in.
Thanks Zorak. I have copy and pasted the URL. Now is this real Zorak giving me this info or alter ego Zorak on the delayed SJC LAX flight giving me this info. And did you stay in a holiday in last night....
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Now is this real Zorak giving me this info or alter ego Zorak on the delayed SJC LAX flight giving me this info.
I think alternate-universe-Zorak arrived at LAX last night but his connecting flight leaves from T2/T3 so he is stuck at LAX until May
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Gogo app? What gogo app ?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
No offense to OP, nobody else caught the "labtop" vs. "laptop", could cause some to wonder if that has anything to do with a lab service dawg... Per others any browswer (or bowser if with service dog) will work, enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I believe the gogo app is even being phased out? I flew back thursday night and when I fired it up it gave some message about not using it anymore and directed me to the gogo site in my browser to log in and activate. Anyone else see this in the last couple days?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
I am going to be traveling today with a new dell labtop that has a microsoft store but doesnt have the gogo app as an option. What is going to be my best way to hook to get on the internet? Thanks for the help. ☺
What do you want to do, and what other devices are you bringing. A Delta global day pass is $28 if you buy it before flying. There are other passes that you can buy in the air, one of which is the global day pass (for more money) but some of which are mobile passes and phone passes and are cheaper. I forgot what any of these cost, except for an instant message pass (which doesn't include Skype) which I bought for $4.00.

t-mobile has 1 hour of gogo Internet for free, for a phone, and then free access to several IM services for the whole flight.

With a laptop, just hook up using any browser you want, but to find out what's the best value for your needs, do some research. I tried to find out how much these things cost if you buy them in the air, but a quick check didn't yield the information.

If you want a global pass that works with a laptop, either buy it on the ground, or if you fly enough to justify it, you can get a global Delta plan for $69.95 per month, or a global multi-airline plan for $79.95 per month.

Again, for a single flight, a global pass bought on the ground is $28 - unless you can find it cheaper, in which case I hope you let us know about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.