Search

SkyMiles CS Location

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, Delta
SkyMiles CS Location

Hello all,

I called DL SkyMiles yesterday to have my name updated, after four (4) years of it being incorrect.

I received an email within 20 minutes indicating it was corrected, upon logging in again to only find out that it was not.

Resubmitted the info and received another email within 30 minutes indicating it was updated, logged in this morning to find that it was not.

Upon calling SM CS again today, was told that their system did not show that I called in, but that they had not received any documents from me on either occasion, I was furious and let the CSR have it.

I asked them if they could understand what I was saying in english several times to be sure I was speaking clearly and succinctly... to which the response was 'yes'.

I re-explained that I was walked through the process yesterday and etc... still they could not understand what I was saying or asking..

Being frustrated, hung up. Cooling down now.

Can anyone shed some light on the process after submitting copies of the requested documentation for name correction? Obviously the emails received were not correct in terms of indicating the name change had effected and in place, nor could the CSR be of service with guidelines.

TIA - bo1953
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:03 am

DL has res offices in ATL, DFW, CVG, HIB, SLC, and TPA.

They do have some offshore ones that MOSTLY deal with native speaking languages but some of the website support is also offshore.

And I would suspect that they may get some overflow when call volume is high such as when a winter storm is headed towards MSP.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:25 am

Were you talking to "Jacob Davis"?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/w...americans.html
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bo1953
Hello all,

I called DL SkyMiles yesterday to have my name updated, after four (4) years of it being incorrect.

I received an email within 20 minutes indicating it was corrected, upon logging in again to only find out that it was not.

Resubmitted the info and received another email within 30 minutes indicating it was updated, logged in this morning to find that it was not.

Upon calling SM CS again today, was told that their system did not show that I called in, but that they had not received any documents from me on either occasion, I was furious and let the CSR have it.

I asked them if they could understand what I was saying in english several times to be sure I was speaking clearly and succinctly... to which the response was 'yes'.

I re-explained that I was walked through the process yesterday and etc... still they could not understand what I was saying or asking..

Being frustrated, hung up. Cooling down now.

Can anyone shed some light on the process after submitting copies of the requested documentation for name correction? Obviously the emails received were not correct in terms of indicating the name change had effected and in place, nor could the CSR be of service with guidelines.

TIA - bo1953
The best/fasted way is to send a fax to Delta Sky Miles Desk at 404-773-1945. On the fax mention your Sky Miles number, the old way your name appeared and the new way. Then include a copy of your driver's license or passport.

They will fix and it should only take a few days.

Hope that helps
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Hello all, thank you for your input and reading... my frustrations just get the best of me when I follow the 'policies' and when things go awry being told it is no ones fault or there is nothing they can do...

I will fax in and see what happens, in terms of time.

Thank you again - bo1953
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
I find "letting the CSR have it" when they had nothing to do with the problem really helps the situation.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
I find "letting the CSR have it" when they had nothing to do with the problem really helps the situation.
As a rule, I usually do not do that... and you are quite correct, it did not help the situation as the last person I spoke with had nothing to do with the original cause of the situation.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
The best/fasted way is to send a fax to Delta Sky Miles Desk at 404-773-1945. On the fax mention your Sky Miles number, the old way your name appeared and the new way. Then include a copy of your driver's license or passport.

They will fix and it should only take a few days.

Hope that helps
+1. I went through similar frustrations and faxing in is what finally got the change to stick.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

SM Acct Successful update...

Hello all,

I Am happy to report that after faxing the information to SM Desk, my account was updated in less than 12 hours.

Thank you one and all for your insight and knowledge on this...

I Am grateful to Mr. Tickets...

Thank you all again - bo1953
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kop84
DL has res offices in ATL, DFW, CVG, HIB, SLC, and TPA.

They do have some offshore ones that MOSTLY deal with native speaking languages but some of the website support is also offshore.

And I would suspect that they may get some overflow when call volume is high such as when a winter storm is headed towards MSP.
A couple times recently when I've called the DM line I've reached agents who say they're in the Twin Cities rather than in Chisholm.

BTW, until about five years ago, there was an excellent call center at SEA.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A couple times recently when I've called the DM line I've reached agents who say they're in the Twin Cities rather than in Chisholm.

BTW, until about five years ago, there was an excellent call center at SEA.
I totally forgot the MSP office.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I rate Chisolm #1 for DM's, SLC #2 and CVG #3. SLC's interesting because they handle all UM calls and pick up DM calls when they're not handling a UM call. I find that they not only have a lot of knowledge and experience but that since they deal with so many concerned people that they have great patience and a willingness to work with you to get issues taken care of.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I rate Chisolm #1 for DM's, SLC #2 and CVG #3. SLC's interesting because they handle all UM calls and pick up DM calls when they're not handling a UM call. I find that they not only have a lot of knowledge and experience but that since they deal with so many concerned people that they have great patience and a willingness to work with you to get issues taken care of.
UM = unaccompanied minor? I didn't realize that there was a special UM line.

I rank CVG as negative infinity. It would be better if they didn't answer the phone.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Since my last job in which I flew a lot and now, life has changed a lot. Previously, I worked in a large financial services company that had its own travel department, and if I recall, that department was "licensed" or whatever it was called to be an actual travel agency. If any issues arose, my Admin Asst (or Secretary, as they were titled back in the day) just called the travel department and it was handled.

No need for HUCA, no need for iPhone apps, etc. Realizing I sound like an old fart, I kinda miss those days.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
UM = unaccompanied minor? I didn't realize that there was a special UM line.

I rank CVG as negative infinity. It would be better if they didn't answer the phone.
I wish there was a "wait on hold for next available HIB/SLC agent" option. I assume I only get routed to CVG and other general call centers when call volumes are high, but unfortunately those are the times I need a competent and creative agent the most. I agree 100% that my experience would be better if I could opt out of speaking with them entirely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.