VS/DL Mileage

Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
VS/DL Mileage

If I book a flight ON Virgin Atlantics site, purchase from Virgin Atlantic BUT give them my skymiles number do I get MQM's and RDM's??

I know I can check the site, but I also want some folks who have done this with success, because i know the DL site can lie to us from time to time
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincentharris
.....i know the DL site can lie to us from time to time
Seriously? See here:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-atlantic.html
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I know that, but read what i wrote in the 2nd paragraph.

I wanted to make sure fully purchasing on the VS site if its ok, and that it did from folks who have before?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:11 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I know that, but read what i wrote in the 2nd paragraph.

I wanted to make sure fully purchasing on the VS site if its ok, and that it did from folks who have before?
VS ticketed and coded flights will post based on the chart posted above. Unlike with Delta ticketed/coded flights, mileage and MQDs will be based on a % of distance flown based on the fare class purchased (% are in the link posted above).

MQMs, like with Delta bookings, will also post as a % of distance flown based on fare class.

There many cases in which purchasing through a partner can yield better mileage and MQD earnings than when purchasing via Delta. Do the math and choose what gets the best return for you.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If I book a flight ON Virgin Atlantics site, purchase from Virgin Atlantic BUT give them my skymiles number do I get MQM's and RDM's??

I know I can check the site, but I also want some folks who have done this with success, because i know the DL site can lie to us from time to time

Seriously? While the earnings on the purchase page when booking can be off, (which is why it at least used to say anticipated or something to the like) rest of the website is on. Not sure about the lying portion. You might as well say even though they sold me a ticket I don't know if they'll actually be flying me anywhere.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
VS ticketed and coded flights will post based on the chart posted above. Unlike with Delta ticketed/coded flights, mileage and MQDs will be based on a % of distance flown based on the fare class purchased (% are in the link posted above).

MQMs, like with Delta bookings, will also post as a % of distance flown based on fare class.

There many cases in which purchasing through a partner can yield better mileage and MQD earnings than when purchasing via Delta. Do the math and choose what gets the best return for you.
Thanks that is exactly what I needed to know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.