Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLEAR comes to MSP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this the north checkpoint?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta
Question On Sign Up

If I am not flying out for a week+ can you sign up at the Kiosk without a ticket.

I drive by MSP everyday, so was thinking it might be nice to sign up before I fly out.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this the north checkpoint?
Looks to be SOUTH.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:17 pm

I never originate at MSP (though I pass through often), so I don't have an understanding of the layout. However, I just received an email about 10 minutes ago from Clear which says this:

​​​​​​"CLEAR has landed in the Twin Cities, with full coverage in Terminal 1 at Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport."

And some graphics and such, but that's the net of it.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I never originate at MSP (though I pass through often), so I don't have an understanding of the layout. However, I just received an email about 10 minutes ago from Clear which says this:

​​​​​​"CLEAR has landed in the Twin Cities, with full coverage in Terminal 1 at Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport."

And some graphics and such, but that's the net of it.
I got the same email about twenty minutes ago.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by flyerfamily
If I am not flying out for a week+ can you sign up at the Kiosk without a ticket.

I drive by MSP everyday, so was thinking it might be nice to sign up before I fly out.
Yes, you can.

You can also start the sign up process online. Enter all of your info there. Then, when you go to the airport, they can pull up your info and complete the registration (photo, iris scan and fingerprints). If you start the process online it's actually pretty quick at the airport.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Anyone have a link to how one signs up for Clear on Delta's nickel?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by yohanson
Anyone have a link to how one signs up for Clear on Delta's nickel?
https://delta.clearme.com
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Thanks! I'll be able to finish this up Sunday.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I went through the south checkpoint at 11-ish and it wasn't up and running yet. The two guys chatting near the kiosk didn't know when it would go live.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by yohanson
Thanks! I'll be able to finish this up Sunday.
Of course, also for those who haven't yet, you can get four months free prior to signing up with clear using the link here (http://enroll.clearme.com/p/DSPVISION4)

Heres another photo.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Feb 22, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Of course, also for those who haven't yet, you can get four months free prior to signing up with clear using the link here (http://enroll.clearme.com/p/DSPVISION4)

Heres another photo.

This looks like the CLEAR machines are nowhere near the actual TSA security screening area. I don't think I'm going to like this if it's not changed, but if this was a necessary temporary compromise to get CLEAR up and running immediately, I won't complain as long as the layout is modified reasonably soon.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This looks like the CLEAR machines are nowhere near the actual TSA security screening area. I don't think I'm going to like this if it's not changed, but if this was a necessary temporary compromise to get CLEAR up and running immediately, I won't complain as long as the layout is modified reasonably soon.
Haha, no these are permanent. However these kiosks are treated as the enrollment center and where you'll first use CLEAR once completing your sign up process there. From Fox's video alone I spotted at least 5 machines on the south side.

Say CarmenOM, when you can, would you be willing to take some photos of the lines too? It'd be greatly appreciated. Some Birdseye shots from the mezzanines would be really awesome as well

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Feb 22, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
The photo is of the sign up kiosks. Not the ones you use to go through security. On the south check, the kiosks are in between the PreCheck and regular lines.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

.....but in the past, SkyPriority was between PreCheck and regular lines at then south checkpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.