LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Question LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Sorry if this was already discussed.

Flying into LHR from JFK next week, arriving at 7:30 AM, and wondering if there will be an arrivals lounge I can use (I'm a DM) at LHR. I've read various things on different websites but from what I can tell it looks like the T3 lounge was closed and everyone is directed to the T4 Virgin lounge - is that right?

It'd be ideal to take a shower and have a bite to eat before heading into London proper, so wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this.

If no lounge exists, is there a day rate at any hotels where one can nap/freshen up for a few hours before heading into the city?

THANK YOU in advance for any input!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I don't know the current situation at LHR but a few years ago when Delta was all in T4 I had a long wait until I could get into my rooms so I booked a 4 hour session at the Yotel. At the time DMs (and maybe others) got a free 1 hour room but there stories of waits and what not so I went ahead a booked my own. It was Ł32 for four hours. There was a bed, a shower and a desk (and WiFi). Very small but worked well for me. Got a short nap, a shower and caught up on email. If nothing else works out it might be worth looking in to.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:36 pm

Delta no longer operate out of Terminal 4; all DL and VS flights depart from and arrive into T3. As a PM or DM, you will have access to the Virgin Atlantic Revivals lounge upon arrival. Note that you can no longer access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse upon departure unless you have an Upper Class or Delta One fare. Apparently Delta and Virgin have, as of a week ago, begun allowing DM passengers in Y into the Clubhouse: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1790733-new-access-policy-vs-lounge-t3-3.html

Last edited by rucksack; Feb 20, 2017 at 10:23 pm Reason: update to Clubhouse access policy
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Do you have Priority Pass by chance? If so, you have the Plaza Premium Lounge (Arrivals) Terminal 2 and the Club Millesime at Sofitel London Heathrow
Terminal 5
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:24 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Delta no longer operate out of Terminal 4; all DL and VS flights depart from and arrive into T3. As a PM or DM, you will have access to the Virgin Atlantic Revivals lounge upon arrival. Note that you can no longer access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse upon departure unless you have an Upper Class or Delta One fare. Apparently Delta and Virgin have, as of a week ago, begun allowing DM passengers in Y into the Clubhouse: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...unge-t3-3.html
Your best arrival option will be the T3 Virgin Atlantic Revivals (arrival) lounge. Note that it is separate from the Clubhouse. Despite the reports that DMs now have access to the Clubhouse in Y, to be clear, there is never Clubhouse access on arrival, it is a departure only lounge.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:26 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by woodford02A
Do you have Priority Pass by chance? If so, you have the Plaza Premium Lounge (Arrivals) Terminal 2 and the Club Millesime at Sofitel London Heathrow
Terminal 5
The Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge is an interesting place. Great showers and they'll feed you lots of table service food, but the quality of said food and the staff quality are wildly inconsistent. I'll go there if I'm hungry or in T2 already, but would't go out of my way. VS Revivals is better for OP.

Last edited by C W; Feb 21, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by C W
Your best arrival option will be the T3 Virgin Atlantic Revivals (arrival) lounge. Note that it is separate from the Clubhouse. Despite the reports that DMs now have access to the Clubhouse in Y, to be clear, there is never Clubhouse access on arrival, it is a departure only lounge.
+1, the "upon departure" component of my original statement still applies. Besides, I don't think there's any way to reach the Clubhouse since you have to exit the sanitized zone through border control, or, have a ticket to a forward destination in order to clear into T3's airside departure lounge where the VS Clubhouse resides.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
VS arrivals lounge at T3 is nice but not terribly easy to find. It is on a mezzanine level at the end of the hallway. I had to ask to find it. Besides showers, they will cook breakfast to order.

Although this won't apply to the OP, note that this lounge closes at 1pm. That could be an issue for late arriving TATL flights.

PS - I was granted access as a DM traveling in Y.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the OP isn't connecting to another ST flight, would they still get access to an arrivals lounge?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TomMM
If the OP isn't connecting to another ST flight, would they still get access to an arrivals lounge?
Of course they do, that's the point of an "arrivals" lounge. This is not an airline lounge like the club house.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Of course they do, that's the point of an "arrivals" lounge. This is not an airline lounge like the club house.
Admittedly I am new to ST so same-day ticket includes arrivals at a final destination?

ADDITIONAL SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS BENEFITS FOR DIAMOND, PLATINUM, AND GOLD MEDALLION MEMBERS

Lounge Access—Complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling internationally in any class of service. Simply present your same-day ticket for an international or connecting SkyTeam flight. You can even invite a guest to join you in the lounge
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Admittedly I am new to ST so same-day ticket includes arrivals at a final destination?
Not always. It really depends on the airport, one's medallion status, and whether a lounge is physically accessible since some arrival airports steer all arriving (not connecting) pax outside of airside lounges. LHR T3 has a VS arrival lounge that is outside of security. Just to make it confusing, VS is not a SkyTeam airline but is a DL partner. The LHR T3 arrival lounge is operated by VS and admits DM and PM but not GM, as well as all Delta1/Upperclass passengers.

A couple of other examples: CDG has an AirFrance arrival lounge outside of security. The most recent reports I've heard are that it currently allows access only to D1 and AF business class (IIRC, called Premiere) and DM in economy, but no other medallions in economy. The KLM lounges at AMS do not admit arriving pax.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
What you are probably thinking of is that, as a general rule, Skyteam lounge access based on STE+ on an international itinerary does NOT include lounge access upon arrival:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-of-terms.html

Note: SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits are provided only at the departure airport and not at the arrival airport unless connecting to a qualifying SkyTeam flight.
But as indicated by the other replies, that isn't relevant/applicable in this context.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just to clear up, an arrivals lounge is different from an airline lounge. It's sole point is arriving passengers. While you could clear immigration administration customs and goto it, instead most would stay airside and goto an airline lounge. Most close around noon. It allows people flying into LHR/CDG especially to rest/refresh before hotels open for checkin so can get to work.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a general rule, arrivals lounges aren't covered by alliance lounge policies, including lounge access for elites. In most overseas airports, there's a firm distinction between arrival and departure lounges while in the USA, one can generally use lounges upon arrival if TSA will permit you to get to the door of the lounge.

PP generally makes no distinction but the qualification that airport security must permit you to get to the door still applies. The PP rule is just that you must have some sort of same day boarding pass, although certain lounges could impose their own additional requirements.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.