Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When does the new SkyTeam lounge open in Beijing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM SPG Gold

http://news.delta.com/behind-scenes-...beijing-lounge

-izmir
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Hopefully 'in the coming weeks' means in less than a month.

Alas, that article is from the middle of Nov. Is it not open already?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I'd like to know if it is open as well. I will be there in a couple weeks. I'll report back if it is still unknown at that point.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I reached out to @skyteam on twitter, I'll let you know if I hear anything. Will be there in April, D1 so am hoping it's open.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Yep, there next weekend so i'll find out.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
Wasnt there in Dec when i was there.
Have been pushing off my MRs to PEK until this lounge opens up...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: flying blue
I was in PEK on 16 Feb, hoping that the new skyteam lounge would be opened, but not. Disappointed. Had to use the china southern lounge, which was really bad one :-(
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:10 am

Given that CZ earns Skyteam Elite Plus at 49K and has no MQD analog I would imagine demand will meet capacity quickly.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:18 pm

No reply from sky team on twitter but looks like not open yet as of 2/16 per previous poster.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: flying blue
Originally Posted by tmontemb
No reply from sky team on twitter but looks like not open yet as of 2/16 per previous poster.
I sent message to Skyteam as well a month ago, and never a reply! :-(
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Flew out of Beijing on Friday. Same crappy lounge. Staff had no clue on availability of new lounge.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by motytrah
Given that CZ earns Skyteam Elite Plus at 49K and has no MQD analog I would imagine demand will meet capacity quickly.
Of course CZ flies domestic a lot from PEK. It already has a lounge there. Alone with three for MU. All of which are good lounges. Of course none of that matters for international side.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:50 am

Was not open as of April 2
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL GM
Per Skyteam Facebook page the lounge is now open. The Delta website still lists PEK as a thrid party contract lounge but I assume since this is now a Sky Team lounge it is accessible to Delta Sky Team Elite+ flyers who are not on a business class ticket?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Lounge Report

I visited the new SkyTeam lounge in T2 at PEK the other day. Word is that it opened April 7, 2017. I was flying on DL to Seattle.

The lounge is a big improvement over the BGS lounge but not world-class by any standard. It has the basics down, though. I have not visited any of the other SkyTeam lounges.

The entrance opens off the elevator lobby. The biggest "what were they thinking" feature is the carpet in this section and in much of the lounge. It is thick, gray shag carpet like you'd find in somebody's house. It shows every footprint and tracks from rolling luggage. It's already looking worn after a few weeks.

Main food area. It was breakfast time and I didn't eat; I did see a few hot dishes.

Bar area. Pretty good selection of self-service drinks.

Seating area. You can see that unfortunate carpet choice.

Seats. The lounge does look fresh and modern.

Lounging area. Might have been better in a dark corner, not right under the windows.

Flight monitors. An Aeroflot flight to Moscow was departing soon so lots of Russian accents when I visited

Shower room. I think there are at least two. A bit generic, but the water pressure and temperature were fine. There are "body wash," shampoo and conditioner pumps inside, but the conditioner was shampoo again. Kind of sloppy.

Shower amenities. Again, kind of generic but OK. Definitely not a spa-like experience.

There is a bit of a gate/ramp view. Unfortunately the windows were quite dirty.

Turn right at the Starbucks and the elevator is at the end of the corridor.

Hainan also has its own lounge at T2 now (it used BGS last month when we were there); unfortunately the agent at the desk would not let me look inside without a HU boarding pass. It's nice know it's there, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.