Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity Platinum on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity
Velocity Platinum on Delta

Hi all. Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum FF member here flying economy with Delta (DL41 next month to Sydney). Does anyone have any experiences on how this compares to VA2 with Virgin Australia?

The change to comfort plus totally confuses me. Is it better to try and get an exit row / bulk head or C+ seat at check-in?

Also what would the Delta lounge be like at 10pm? Would they have removed any hot food and just left the veggies/dip?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Notyourbag
The change to comfort plus totally confuses me. Is it better to try and get an exit row / bulk head or C+ seat at check-in?
The 77LR only has one bulkhead in C and it's in C+ (other than the mid section in the back but that's usually reserved for bassinets). The exit row is right where the toilets and mid-cabin refreshment galley is. Take your pick. I prefer the Virgin plane but the DL flight is okay.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Notyourbag
Is it better to try and get an exit row / bulk head or C+ seat at check-in?
Go for Comfort Plus. You might even receive complimentary access to it on delta.com a few days prior to departure. Unfortunately Delta no longer publishes the details of Comfort Plus benefits for partner elites, so I'm not sure what the access window is (possibly 3-5 days prior to departure), but it's worth keeping an eye on your reservation on delta.com.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:11 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I believe the hot/main course food is still there until an hour before closing of the club. Which one are you referring to? Each has significantly different food offerings
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I believe the hot/main course food is still there until an hour before closing of the club. Which one are you referring to? Each has significantly different food offerings
OP is asking about the LAX T5 SC.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I know VA uses the *A lounge for their flights. I would use it, if as a VA Plat you can access it when connecting to DL. Of course that means taking a bit longer to reach your gate in T5. However if you have a lengthy layover it's much nicer.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I know VA uses the *A lounge for their flights. I would use it, if as a VA Plat you can access it when connecting to DL. Of course that means taking a bit longer to reach your gate in T5. However if you have a lengthy layover it's much nicer.
VA no longer uses the *A lounge at LAX. VA switched to the EY lounge in December 2016.

Regardless, the only lounge in LAX that VA Platinum members have access to while flying on DL metal is the DL Sky Club in LAX T5.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Regardless, the only lounge in LAX that VA Platinum members have access to while flying on DL metal is the DL Sky Club in LAX T5.
What are the lounge options for a PM flying VA (LAX-BNE) in J at LAX? I guess I can use the T5 Skyclub as a SkyTeam Elite w/ int'l itinerary and I think my Priority Pass gets me into the KE lounge in TBIT.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
What are the lounge options for a PM flying VA (LAX-BNE) in J at LAX? I guess I can use the T5 Skyclub as a SkyTeam Elite w/ int'l itinerary and I think my Priority Pass gets me into the KE lounge in TBIT.
VA J passengers get access to the Etihad lounge in TBIT.

VA is not part of SkyTeam, but the DL SC might grant you access anyway since you are in J.

I'd stick to the EY lounge, which is supposed to be very nice. Here's a review: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ad-lounge-lax/

Last edited by lamont2718; Jan 25, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:33 pm

VA no longer uses the *A lounge at LAX. VA switched to the EY lounge in December 2016.

^This. The SC isn't bad and it is fairly empty at that time of the night.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
VA J passengers get access to the Etihad lounge in TBIT.

I'd stick to the EY lounge, which is supposed to be very nice. Here's a review: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ad-lounge-lax/
Only open from 1:30PM - 4:55PM? This makes it useless for the VA flight from LAX-BNE that departs at 11:05PM.

Looks like the KE lounge even closes at 8:00PM.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Only open from 1:30PM - 4:55PM? This makes it useless for the VA flight from LAX-BNE that departs at 11:05PM.
Those are the old hours. The EY lounge has since extended its hours in order to serve the VA flights in the evening.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:02 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I'd avoid the KE lounge, I usually walk over to the DL lounge (10 minutes for a fast walker). But if you have access to EY, do that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.