Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Has DL changed the onboard meal policy for domestic F?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has DL changed the onboard meal policy for domestic F?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Someone in my office flew las/dtw red eye in first last week and no meals service amd that's a 1749 mile flight. I am taking a 8:25 pm dtw
To Las flight Friday and the website is showing there is a dinner in first and there had never been a dinner service on that flight in the past
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
It seems like things are really in flux now. Hopefully there will be a formal announcement soon with all the details.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I've never understood why they can serve meals on short International flights after 9:00 pm but not on even longer domestic redeyes.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I've never understood why they can serve meals on short International flights after 9:00 pm but not on even longer domestic redeyes.
It's not an issue of "can" it's purely a business choice.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:56 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by injera
I like free food and all but on a red eye I'm usually sleeping (or trying to) so yes I would be bothered by a full meal service on a 4 hour flight. Perhaps a set up with fruit/sandwiches/cookies would be a better solution. If you get hungry somewhere over Kansas go grab something. Otherwise please keep the cabin dark.
That is what eyeshades are for. They keep "your" cabin dark
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
On MSP-LAX on a 9:55pm departure. Only got the snack basket.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
9:13 pm departure ATL-LAS-snack basket only.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Nope, those are too late for meals. Flights at after 8pm don't get meals. Some flight 8pm-9pm get a snack. After 9pm just the snack basket.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Nope, those are too late for meals. Flights at after 8pm don't get meals. Some flight 8pm-9pm get a snack. After 9pm just the snack basket.

Have you read the thread???
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Have you read the thread???
Yes and despite Twitter saying so, AFAIK from talking with agents and experience it isn't so.

I think it was updated and they just figured no need to copy times all over again.

Has anyone had ano actual experience that proves otherwise?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes and despite Twitter saying so, AFAIK from talking with agents and experience it isn't so.

I think it was updated and they just figured no need to copy times all over again.

Has anyone had ano actual experience that proves otherwise?
Yes - the post-8PM bank of flights from ATL to the West Coast now seem to be getting meal service. I was on ATL-SNA and got an option of a hot turkey sandwich or a salad (+ a cookie) - which is effectively equivalent to a standard domestic F lunch. Last year - that flight would have just been the snack basket.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smp9778
Yes - the post-8PM bank of flights from ATL to the West Coast now seem to be getting meal service. I was on ATL-SNA and got an option of a hot turkey sandwich or a salad (+ a cookie) - which is effectively equivalent to a standard domestic F lunch. Last year - that flight would have just been the snack basket.
Flights out of MSP between 8 and 9pm get this as well and this is not new, for the 8-9pm depatures. Have you gotten meal service like this on a flight departing between 9pm and 5am (in the continental US)?

The problem seemed to arise when they updated the website and removed time parameters from flights over 1500 miles. This understandably started speculation:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...mt-silver.html
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I was on the Detroit to Fort Lauderdale nonstop last Sunday which left after 8 PM. There was no meal offering, just the snack basket. Previously, this flight left just before 8 PM and the meal was served.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
I was on the Detroit to Fort Lauderdale nonstop last Sunday which left after 8 PM. There was no meal offering, just the snack basket. Previously, this flight left just before 8 PM and the meal was served.
This route is not long enough to qualify for the 8-9pm meals, thats only on the tier 3 routes (1500 miles and longer).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I flew a LAX/DTW redeye two weeks ago and a LAS/DTW redeye three weeks ago with no meal service I really don't care about a dinner service but a light pre=arrival breakfast would be nice on a red eye.

Outbound on both flights was around 8:30 and they did have a light dinner service with two meal choices. It used to be a hot sandwich with same choice for everyone. This wasn't a full dinner service (no bread service and a running deer cookie for dessert) but was better than the old sandwich/snack they used to have

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.