Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2018 Medallion Choice Benefits program to expand per Medallion Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Medallion Choice Benefits program to expand per Medallion Line

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by audidudi
What am I missing here? Currently a DM can upgrade his/her complimentary Individual Sky Club Membership to an Executive Membership as a Choice Benefit. So what is the difference between this Choice Benefit and this one...Diamonds with the Delta AmEx Reserve card can upgrade to Executive membership as a Choice.
^^^
This

Curious as well.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Ok I understand everything now. For DMs, under the new system once it becomes effective, complimentary Sky Club Membership is no longer free and is only offered as a Choice Benefit. In addition, a DM having the AmEx Reserve card can choose Executive Sky Club Membership as a Choice Benefit!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Interesting move, def a plus for lifetime SC folks that are DM. Now I have to wonder if having SC is really worth it..
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:44 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Im a DM with the reserve, but opted to pay cash for the executive upgrade. Forgot how much I paid, would anyone know? Trying to see if it would make sense to pick a 3rd choice benny or use the 3rd to upgrade.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Im a DM with the reserve, but opted to pay cash for the executive upgrade. Forgot how much I paid, would anyone know? Trying to see if it would make sense to pick a 3rd choice benny or use the 3rd to upgrade.
I think it was $245 not too long ago? The current offer I have is for $250 or 23K miles.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by puntamita
I think it is wonderful Delta Reserve members will be able to choose Executive Membership as one of the additional choice benefits! Great news
I agree. I have often wondered why I keep the Reserve. I originally got it when I was not a DM just for the SC access. I've now been DM for over 5 years so the benefit wasn't that great for me.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by yohanson
I agree. I have often wondered why I keep the Reserve. I originally got it when I was not a DM just for the SC access. I've now been DM for over 5 years so the benefit wasn't that great for me.
I just dropped my Reserve but this makes it more likely I will reconsider.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I had a paid 3 year SC Membership when DM came out. Originally that was added on to my current year DM status as an Executive membership but I think they started burning that off and adding Individual on the end -- I am totally confused about that.

About 75% of my trips are international. My big reason for wanting lounge access was because I usually am not staying in the city with the airport, so I have an early morning bus/train ride to the airport. Since I always leave time for mishaps, often I'm at the airport hours ahead of time. When Delta dropped the use of 3rd party lounges I signed back up for an Amex Plat for -- among other things -- the Priority Club membership. If they offer AmexPlat holders the same offer as Reserve I could spring for it for the times I travel with somebody.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by audidudi
Ok I understand everything now. For DMs, under the new system once it becomes effective, complimentary Sky Club Membership is no longer free and is only offered as a Choice Benefit. In addition, a DM having the AmEx Reserve card can choose Executive Sky Club Membership as a Choice Benefit!
This is confusing.

Is it... A DM with the reserve card can use a single choice benefit to get Executive membership?

Or... A DM with the reserve card can use the first choice benefit to get standard membership, and then a second choice to UG to the Executive membership?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Can PMs please pick two GUCs?

Or maybe allow RUCs to be used for upgrades to W?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I've heard about this from CSR's in more than 5 Sky Clubs but no one has any information about the announcement or effective dates.

Has anyone gotten more info?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Originally Posted by jrl767
of course not ... PM is the new GM
Don't even ask about what GM's are going to get!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by third_wave
Please consider changing your blog to meet the Acceptable Ads standards. Upon clicking through I was hit with a large-format expanding Amex ad from the bottom, plus additional ads in the middle of the content. Not cool. Won't visit again.

https://acceptableads.com/en/
The good news is with my Platinum choice I can select someone to make FO and then with my Diamond choice I can make them my butler. The pool is now wide open.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Sooo, now I gotta iron clothes on top of carrying luggage onto the plane for DM's.

I have a hard enuff time carrying a DM's bags and my own - but now I gotta lug an iron AND an ironing board too???? Sheesh, when will it ever end.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
Sooo, now I gotta iron clothes on top of carrying luggage onto the plane for DM's.

I have a hard enuff time carrying a DM's bags and my own - but now I gotta lug an iron AND an ironing board too???? Sheesh, when will it ever end.
You don't make kettles carry your bags? There's a clear hierarchy here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.