Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2018 Medallion Choice Benefits program to expand per Medallion Line

2018 Medallion Choice Benefits program to expand per Medallion Line

Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
I wonder if that skyclub membership runs concurrently if you select it... as it apparently is now for those with multiple years of SC... the annual DM benefit doesn't extend it.
The free SC always runs till the end of the elite ear earned for.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The free SC always runs till the end of the elite ear earned for.
True, but what I believe he is stating is that for the 2018 Medallion year that Sky Club (as a Choice benefit) is moot since his membership (shown) is already good through January 2019.

And he still gets 3 Medallion Choice Benefits as a Diamond (plus the free Sky Club individual membership his card indicates)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:40 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Perhaps all of this is part of some grand, long-term scheme by Delta to get back on top in the frequent flier program battle. They've lead their competitors down to four J upgrades per year and to revenue mileage earning and revenue requirements. Now time to reverse course and come out on top?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by John DELTA
True, but what I believe he is stating is that for the 2018 Medallion year that Sky Club (as a Choice benefit) is moot since his membership (shown) is already good through January 2019.

And he still gets 3 Medallion Choice Benefits as a Diamond (plus the free Sky Club individual membership his card indicates)
Correct... I have SC membership for several more years so picking it wouldn't do me any good since they won't add it on to the end any more.

I'm curious as to how the exec upgrade will work for reserve holders... if that actually makes it a full exec SC membership or if its some hybrid like the reserve access it.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Just posted on my blog what I have been told by Medallion reps (nada from Delta PR yet). Am told that:

• Diamonds will get 3 Choices to make
  • Diamonds will no longer automatically get Individual Membership
  • Diamonds will be able to choose Individual membership as a Choice
  • Diamonds w/ Delta AMEX Reserve card can upgrade to Executive membership as a Choice

Exciting news and looking forward to official news on all that is on the way!
What about if you don't have Delta AMEX Reserve but want to upgrade to executive - will it still be a choice?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott PE
Originally Posted by jrl767
of course not ... PM is the new GM
bummer!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
For all those wondering, Nikitta28 has already chosen me as her FO butler benefit. You'll have to find another FO .... but there's tons of us around.
Can I have more than 1 FO?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nikitta28
Can I have more than 1 FO?
I think you have to be 360 for that
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Me too. Delta PR got back to me and said they are not talking yet about 2018 changes despite the fact that Medallion folks are giddy and chatting about memo from yesterday!

Another reader is talking about a rumor about higher MQD spend levels. Kinda hard to change AMEX MQD exempt spend numbers since the qualification for 2018 started 1JAN17 and many of us have already run 25k to be exempt under current rules.

Hopefully it will be all good news vs the recent standard of just as much BAD with any good news!
Va Ave has not been hesitant in the past to announce benefits changes for the coming year, late in the current year after folks qualified for the original benefits.

Why would you expect that they would be hesitant to change qualification requirements mid-year?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:36 pm

Who this would really help is the DM's who fly Trans-Con J and mostly international flights. They get SkyClub Access with either their tickets or would get it at GM.

They can get something extra instead of the membership that is mostly redundant for them. And if you're a DM who flies transcon J and internationally you're a customer that DL wants, and they've found a way to reward them but make it look like an enhancement for all DM's.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
I think it is wonderful Delta Reserve members will be able to choose Executive Membership as one of the additional choice benefits! Great news
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kop84
Who this would really help is the DM's who fly Trans-Con J and mostly international flights. They get SkyClub Access with either their tickets or would get it at GM.

They can get something extra instead of the membership that is mostly redundant for them. And if you're a DM who flies transcon J and internationally you're a customer that DL wants, and they've found a way to reward them but make it look like an enhancement for all DM's.
People with regular AmEx Platinum or Centurion charge cards also don't need a SC membership when they fly DL and aren't trying to bring guests into the SC, just like those with the Reserve card.

It would be nice to have an additional choice benefit rather than the waste of always having three or four ways for me to enter the SC when flying DL. The risk of not taking a SC membership is if I wan't to use the lounge on a day when I'm not flying DL. Does anyone know whether it's then possible to buy a single admission pass for about $30 with a Reserve card when the cardholder isn't flying DL but has a same day boarding pass for another airline? (However, this matters less to me since MSP opened its PP lounge.)
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
Actually, this seems like it could be a negative for people who actually want the Sky Club membership. Provided you still have to make all 3 choices at once, starting your SC access also starts the clock ticking on your GUCs/RUCs or vouchers.

well, if your the type of flyer that does mostly international trips than this is a plus. You get the lounge access as a skyteam elite plus member plus now you get 3 choice picks.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
What am I missing here? Currently a DM can upgrade his/her complimentary Individual Sky Club Membership to an Executive Membership as a Choice Benefit. So what is the difference between this Choice Benefit and this one...Diamonds with the Delta AmEx Reserve card can upgrade to Executive membership as a Choice.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by audidudi
What am I missing here? Currently a DM can upgrade his/her complimentary Individual Sky Club Membership to an Executive Membership as a Choice Benefit. So what is the difference between this Choice Benefit and this one...Diamonds with the Delta AmEx Reserve card can upgrade to Executive membership as a Choice.
The Reserve card is not the same thing as a SC membership, and currently I don't think it can be upgraded to an exec membership through any path.

EDIT: sorry, didn't fully parse the question. The benefit of this is if you are a DM with the Reserve card you can upgrade to exec and still have 2 other choice benefits available.

If you are a DM w/o reserve card you can use one choice benefit for Individual SC (since it's no longer included w/DM) and have 2 remaining, just like before; or if you don't value the SC membership you can use 3 other ones.

Last edited by Zorak; Jan 25, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.