is everybody Sky Priority?

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Its also China... pax frequently ignore the signs.
Also true...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Its also China... pax frequently ignore the signs.
I've seen the ignoring pax booted back to the correct line in many cases.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
You should see boarding at Narita... literally everybody and their mother is Sky Priority... There is even a long line of Diamonds... This is the effect of airline consolidation, a lot of offshore business in Asia, an expansion to SkyTeam, resulting in a ton of Gold or SkyTeam Elite Plus. In addition, when you buy Comfort+, you also get Sky Priority...

You are not wrong, a ton of elites fly into and out of PVG. I am one of them - tehe

By the way, having spent a few years on UA as 1K, you've seen nothing yet wait until you see boarding at SFO. Holy Cow, there is even a line for UA Global Services. Combing global services and 1K, it's like 60% of the plane, and that's one level above Sky Priority. On Asia-bound flights at UA out of SFO, it's actually hard to find someone that doesn't hold status.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by blitzcon
Sky Boarding is 3/4 of the plane in/out of Madison.
Welcome to EpicLand! (And I'm sorry that you have to deal with it if you're not one of them!)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
In MCO 3/4 of the plane boards when they call people needing more time and those traveling with small sheep dogs .... or children.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:47 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
....... those traveling with small sheep dogs .... or children.
Don't they have barber shops for kids there?!?

Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Don't they have barber shops for kids there?!?

Nope - thats why I use the Flowbee on my kids

Just hook it up to a shop vac and VIOLA. Instant hair cut !!!

And thinking back to this everybody being on Sky Priority .... I wonder if that was Oprah's last great giveaway ..

And you get Skypriority .... and you get Skypriority ... and you get Skypriority ... and you get Skypriority.

EVERYONE GETS SKYPRIORITY (as audience cheers and goes wild)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:06 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Don't worry. I'm old enough to know what a Flowbee is without a picture reminding me of how old I actually am!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Last Thursday, 10pm, DTW-MSN. I was #42 on the first class waitlist - - out of 84 (coach on the MD-88 holds 133). I would like to tell you that there were 42 seats remaining in first class so I just managed to get the upgrade (yay!), but, as you might imagine, there were zero seats left.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by SpinzCity
Last Thursday, 10pm, DTW-MSN. I was #42 on the first class waitlist - - out of 84 (coach on the MD-88 holds 133). I would like to tell you that there were 42 seats remaining in first class so I just managed to get the upgrade (yay!), but, as you might imagine, there were zero seats left.
All the kids had to get back to the Epic Mothership somehow!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE

Originally Posted by davetravels
Don't worry. I'm old enough to know what a Flowbee is without a picture reminding me of how old I actually am!
Believe it or not I actually have one of those! Mine is the older green model though...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

Just hook it up to a shop vac and VIOLA. Instant hair cut !!!

And thinking back to this everybody being on Sky Priority .... I wonder if that was Oprah's last great giveaway ..

And you get Skypriority .... and you get Skypriority ... and you get Skypriority ... and you get Skypriority.

EVERYONE GETS SKYPRIORITY (as audience cheers and goes wild)
It looks like it's designed for head lice removal. I wonder if it'll remove gate lice?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
It looks like it's designed for head lice removal. I wonder if it'll remove gate lice?
Unfortunately, only the ones who board before their zone is called. Still a huge improvement though
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Originally Posted by wlau
You should see boarding at Narita... literally everybody and their mother is Sky Priority... There is even a long line of Diamonds... This is the effect of airline consolidation, a lot of offshore business in Asia, an expansion to SkyTeam, resulting in a ton of Gold or SkyTeam Elite Plus. In addition, when you buy Comfort+, you also get Sky Priority...
So true. When they herd the Prem passengers together, it's a huge group. Far larger than the D1 cabin can hold. Sky is so large that the remaining zones have relatively short lines.

Delta's grouping of DMs with D1 has noticeably improved boarding. With DMs in W interspersed in the group, they go right to the back (or to the right) while D1 cabin passengers are dealing with their luggage. You get twice the number boarded in the same time that it takes to just board D1. I find we leave the gate early in NRT far more than before.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott PP (LTP), DL Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SpinzCity
MSP and DTW to MSN on Thursday nights, I have seen upgrade lists over 100 for the same size planes. I used to live in Madison, and it was comical most of the time. Look out for the black Targus backpacks!

I was happy when I moved to see single-digit upgrade lists and nearly guaranteed upgrades on the way home after a work week. And no Targus backpacks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.