Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Upgrade Success (Or Lack Thereof)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
MCO-DTW is a very easy UG for me as an FO. My last 3 MCO-DTW legs all cleared at the FO window. OT but are you on DL1424 MCO-DTW tommorow? It's on a 26J 767.
Didn't see that or might have booked it. I am on 1331 at 2:20pm.

My plane looks empty as can be for the MCO-DTW flight (757).
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta DM
Was able to get a confirmed seat on an earlier flight for today(another perk I like as GM). I'm #7 out of 2x for 2 available seats. At least I'm not on the bubble... It's a short flight and I've sat in FC(thru upgrade and paid) and it isn't all that. So I don't know why I obsess about it. I feel like it's more about getting the upgrade
than the actual experience itself that I'm after... I feel like George Costanza...

Last edited by golfr; Sep 15, 2017 at 8:36 am
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
MCO-DTW is a very easy UG for me as an FO. My last 3 MCO-DTW legs all cleared at the FO window. OT but are you on DL1424 MCO-DTW tommorow? It's on a 26J 767.
Only 8 of 20 seats were occupied in F and only 70 seats total on the 752.
Can't remember the last time a flight was that empty.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:18 am

Diamond on a T fare:

9-19-17 upgraded at the 5 day window for both (this is the first time I can remember being upgrade on a PBI flight prior to the gate:

PBI-ATL
ATL-STL

5/10 as a Diamond. Much better thus far than my Plat stats on the year.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond. Skyteam Elite Plus. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
As of 15 Sept I've upgraded 67 out of 72 segments. 93%.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Flying YVR-SEA-SLC-RNO today. Currently 1 out of 5 for 5 available seats in F for the SLC-RNO leg. I like my chances so far. It's not that often a lowly FO such as myself is 1st on the list. While I wish DL would offer a SEA-RNO flight, getting first on that last leg would be a nice compensation for a longer routing.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Flying HNL > SEA tomorrow, C+ cleared already, but no option to choose 1st class upgrade request?

SEA > YVR has 2 seats available but I guess i wont find out till tomorrow at this point since they are prob still holding them for FCM.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
DTW-LAX had 50+ on the upgrade list for 2 seats on Monday. With only 3 seats left, I was pleasantly surprised to clear the complimentary upgrade shortly after booking 3 days out as a PM.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:22 pm

I booked LHR - PHL return via Virgin Atlantic, travelling in 80 or so days time. It's a Delta operated flight.

I booked Main (X) each way and have gone onto delta.com to pick seats.

I'm showing as Main (X) outbound but Delta One (O) on the way back. I can select an outbound seat, however return I cannot pick a Delta One seat as all are occupied.

If I pick a non-Delta One seat I get told "You purchased the Delta One experience and may only select an associated seat".

Surely I haven't been upgraded at booking on a flight 80+ days out? I'm tempted to phone up but I don't want to do myself out of an upgrade. The flip side is I currently can't select seat anywhere on the plane...

Edit: I'm Virgin Silver Status if that matters.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paleale
I booked LHR - PHL return via Virgin Atlantic, travelling in 80 or so days time. It's a Delta operated flight.

I booked Main (X) each way and have gone onto delta.com to pick seats.

I'm showing as Main (X) outbound but Delta One (O) on the way back. I can select an outbound seat, however return I cannot pick a Delta One seat as all are occupied.

If I pick a non-Delta One seat I get told "You purchased the Delta One experience and may only select an associated seat".

Surely I haven't been upgraded at booking on a flight 80+ days out? I'm tempted to phone up but I don't want to do myself out of an upgrade. The flip side is I currently can't select seat anywhere on the plane...

Edit: I'm Virgin Silver Status if that matters.
Don't call or do anything, lol. See if a seat opens up. Which date is the flight? Can you post a screenshot of your online itinerary (block out personal info with paintbrush).
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
Don't call or do anything, lol. See if a seat opens up. Which date is the flight? Can you post a screenshot of your online itinerary (block out personal info with paintbrush).
Here's the the seat availability... not exactly full in Main.

J9 C9 D6 I5 Z3 Y9 B9 R9 L9 U9 M9 E9 Q9 X9 N9 O9

(I guessed you were gonna look that up for me, but got it on hand, thanks!)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by paleale
Here's the the seat availability... not exactly full in Main.

J9 C9 D6 I5 Z3 Y9 B9 R9 L9 U9 M9 E9 Q9 X9 N9 O9

(I guessed you were gonna look that up for me, but got it on hand, thanks!)
Are you on the nonstop LHR-PHL? That flight has been canceled from the schedule by DL, IIRC, so you'll likely have to call anyways to get rebooked unless you're flying before it goes away. I'll be shocked if you get a comp up to D1, seems like an IT error.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:34 am

Diamond on an X fare 9-21-17 (11:33 am and 4:36 pm departures respectively):

STL-ATL 2 of 37 for 2 seats and got the last seat (1B).

ATL-PBI 3 of 49 for 0 seats (sat in 16C in an A320 - great seat). F had been full since Tuesday when I checked. Definitely a WFBF route

6/12 as a Diamond
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Was 3 for 1 seats for the 7pm LGA-CLT flight, assumed I wasn't getting in, checked again at the airport and ended up as number 2 for 2 seats. Thanks Delta!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
My first bubble miss. 3/30 for 2 open this morning SEA-JFK. Still well over 90% on domestic segments this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.