Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Documentation problem, family of 4 Involuntarily Denied Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Documentation problem, family of 4 Involuntarily Denied Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by denizenxix
We'll probably use the flight vouchers.

AF never explicitly admitted wrongdoing but tbh that's not what I was looking for from them, more an acknowledgment that situation could've been handled differently.

As I said in an earlier message, the big takeaway for me is I'll definitely be traveling with my kids' birth certificates on future family trips. The overall experience was just too unpleasant for us to ever risk getting into a similar situation again.
Congrats on a great outcome! Even better that you were able to sort it out directly with AF. Enjoy your vouchers!

I was one that commented, a few hundred posts ago, that I travel with my children's birth certificates. It has since been mentioned that this is dangerous because child traffickers and identity thieves could get their hands on both original documents, so I did want to point out that I do not keep them in the same place. Our passports are always in an internal pocket in a crossbody bag and the birth certificates with other travel documents in my carry on backpack, thus reducing the chances of losing both at once. And I only carry them when flying or otherwise crossing international borders. In my case, 1) I usually travel without my husband, 2) I have kept my maiden name so my surname doesn't match my children's, and 3) my children are mixed race and I have the recessive genes so they don't resemble me at all and I have been asked for my "permission slip" from my husband to travel with them more than once, even in countries that do not explicitly require this, so I do think it's worth the risk of having the original documents with me. I am truly grateful that authorities are looking out for trafficked children, and don't mind the small inconvenience of proving my relationship to my own children, but am very cautious about it.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:22 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by hfly
I am glad to hear that this was resolved, I am glad that I and the others that you cite were able to give you helpful and correct information rather based on experience and reality rather than just pure supposition.
Good resolution and good feedback from the OP. Nothing to be gained from keeping this thread open.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.