Wiki Posts
Search

2017 DM packet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
2017 DM packet

In the past when either reaching a new level or re-qualifying for a medallion level I have gotten a packet in the mail just a few weeks after crossing the threshold.

After making DM again in early October I waited the normal 6-8 weeks to receive my packet. When nothing came in the mail I wrote to the general comment email on the website. Below is what I received in response.

Congratulations on reaching Diamond Medallion status for 2017.
Credential packages are still very much a part of the SkyMiles program,
but are not shipped until January. We are grateful for your patience in
this matter.

Is this correct? I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered. I am not the best at searching.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by daveo4ua
In the past when either reaching a new level or re-qualifying for a medallion level I have gotten a packet in the mail just a few weeks after crossing the threshold.

After making DM again in early October I waited the normal 6-8 weeks to receive my packet. When nothing came in the mail I wrote to the general comment email on the website. Below is what I received in response.

Congratulations on reaching Diamond Medallion status for 2017.
Credential packages are still very much a part of the SkyMiles program,
but are not shipped until January. We are grateful for your patience in
this matter.

Is this correct? I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered. I am not the best at searching.
This time of year, packets are all shipped out in waves from Jan-Mar.

Lots of people qualify for multiple tiers toward the end of the year, so it wouldn't make sense for DL to send out packets that could quickly be out of date.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:50 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I hit DM for the first time in mid Sept and got my packet about a month later with my cards through Jan 2018. Maybe they have a cut off point where they wait until the new year. My partner also hit PM (started off as dirt) then and got his goodies about 6-8 weeks later too.

Last edited by NOLAnwGOLD; Dec 12, 2016 at 4:19 am
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
I requalified as DM back in April and assume I will get the DM package sometime in early 2017. I don't ever recall getting it upon requalification which may be different from those attaining status for the first time.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First timers get it upon qualification and re-qualifiers do not get their packets until around the start of the new program year regardless of when they re-qualify. It's been that way for years. OP, I suspect your recollection may be flawed.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Got it last month

Received my package last month but I requalified last March for 2017.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Am I correct they only send them out for PM & DM now? No longer GM?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM
I requalified in September and received the packet within 2 weeks. Then, about a month later I hit MM, and they sent another DM packet reflecting MM.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Am I correct they only send them out for PM & DM now? No longer GM?
That's correct, unfortunately.

Apparently DL can improve main cabin snacks, but won't send packets out to people who have theoretically spent $6K with DL in a year? Silly.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WWads
That's correct, unfortunately.

Apparently DL can improve main cabin snacks, but won't send packets out to people who have theoretically spent $6K with DL in a year? Silly.
Is getting a packet really that important to people? I'm asking because I could care less. Just get me on the plane, slap a drink in my hand and keep screaming babies and overly chatty people away from me and I'm good. And if I have to choose between the two I'll take the screaming baby.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Is getting a packet really that important to people? I'm asking because I could care less. Just get me on the plane, slap a drink in my hand and keep screaming babies and overly chatty people away from me and I'm good. And if I have to choose between the two I'll take the screaming baby.
The main concern is having access to a physical membership card. GM qualifies for STE+ lounge access, so having an actual card can be useful. There are plenty of cases here of people being denied lounge access when trying to use the digital cards at foreign airports, particularly with non-JV partners.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I hit DL PM this year and wondering if anyone has received their packets yet this year? Delta twitter handle told me that they would be out by the end of Feb. but reading other posts, that seems unlikely?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
As WWads said, the physical card is often necessary to receive SkyTeam elite Plus benefits from partner lounges and airlines; most of these partners can't look up your status in the Delta system, and they typically won't accept an electronic card.

Not a big deal for Silver, but potentially would result in Golds missing out on valuable benefits.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My DM packet arrived in the mail yesterday, although I requalified in the fall, perhaps in early September. At that time, I had the AmEx MQD waiver, although I met the DM MQD requirement later, in about November. Too many redemptions last year for my MQD level. USA address.

Any bets on how long it will take to get my new SC membership card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.