Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earliest Time to Check-In Bags AF in T1 JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Platinum

Hi all,

New Poster here. If this should be in another place, or has been answered, please let me know! I did a rudimentary search, and nothing came up!

Anyway, traveling after the new year BOS-->JFK-->CDG on two separate reservations. Both booked through DL, but JFK-->CDG leg is on AF metal. Because it's two separate tickets, I left myself an absurdly long amount of time in JFK in case of IRROPS due to weather. My question is the following: If my flight from BOS-->JFK leaves more than 12 hours before the JFK-->CDG flight, would you guys know if the DL agent in BOS will be able to check bag all the way through to CDG. Even if she/he were able to, any opinions on whether it would be advisable to let the bag sit at JFK all day?

If the BOS agent were not able to check back all the way through, would any of you know what the earliest check in time for AF is in T1 at JFK?

Thanks in advance for any advice! I really appreciate it!

-- roadto17
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by roadto17
Hi all,

New Poster here. If this should be in another place, or has been answered, please let me know! I did a rudimentary search, and nothing came up!

Anyway, traveling after the new year BOS-->JFK-->CDG on two separate reservations. Both booked through DL, but JFK-->CDG leg is on AF metal. Because it's two separate tickets, I left myself an absurdly long amount of time in JFK in case of IRROPS due to weather. My question is the following: If my flight from BOS-->JFK leaves more than 12 hours before the JFK-->CDG flight, would you guys know if the DL agent in BOS will be able to check bag all the way through to CDG. Even if she/he were able to, any opinions on whether it would be advisable to let the bag sit at JFK all day?

If the BOS agent were not able to check back all the way through, would any of you know what the earliest check in time for AF is in T1 at JFK?

Thanks in advance for any advice! I really appreciate it!

-- roadto17
Nope DL won't transfer bags over 12hr connection. 11:59 and they will.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:59 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
How many hours is your actual layover at JFK? . . . . NOT how many hours from the time your flight LEAVES BOS til the departure of your AF flight from JFK?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by davetravels
How many hours is your actual layover at JFK? . . . . NOT how many hours from the time your flight LEAVES BOS til the departure of your AF flight from JFK?
The actual layover at JFK is slightly under 12 hours, so I guess they would do it if I asked.. thanks a lot for the responses you guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.