Search

Earning SkyMiles on AIRFRANCE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
Question Earning SkyMiles on AIRFRANCE

In order to earn SkyMiles on an AIRFRANCE flight, do I have to book the AF flight through Delta? Or can I book it directly with AF? My Delta SkyMiles number is in my AF account profile.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Marketing carrier - AF #32 operated by Air France - and ticketing carrier do matter for Delta SkyMiles earning.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ir-france.html
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ah, thanks for that. I see how it works. How long should it take for those points to post (AF marketed and operated) to SkyMiles?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by vxflyer
Ah, thanks for that. I see how it works. How long should it take for those points to post (AF marketed and operated) to SkyMiles?
If the ticket was on DL tickets stock (006) or the itinerary had DL flights on it, they should post within a week.

If it was only AF flights within Europe on AF ticket stock, you'll need to contact DL to get it to post properly. I've had dozens of them and maybe 1 or 2 have posted automatically.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
If the ticket was on DL tickets stock (006) or the itinerary had DL flights on it, they should post within a week.

If it was only AF flights within Europe on AF ticket stock, you'll need to contact DL to get it to post properly. I've had dozens of them and maybe 1 or 2 have posted automatically.
This is strictly AF, JFK-CDG.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Skymiles from AF

Usually i see those 3 to 4 days after the flight, I do often MIA-CDG.
I prefer using AF as the Premium Economy product they offer is much much
better than the current Delta one (Didnt tested the new Economy Comfort yet).

Also i believe that in AF you get more bonus miles on W than from Delta,
The only bad thing is that you can upgrade yourself with Skymiles on AF flights (on the other side, Many times they offer the upgrade for very low price (150$ each way was on my last time)).
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I recently flew AF on a Z fare on their stock. Delta gave me $2,772 MQD on a fare I paid $1,500 for (not to mention the 20,263 Skymiles). I had them posted within a week.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by vxflyer
Usually 48 hours, sometimes the flights post with pending miles then it might take another 24-48h until you see the miles posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.