Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KQ/KLM flights bought on delta.com not showing up

Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Apologies if I'm asking this in the wrong forum.

I recently bought a ticket from ARN to NBO via AMS on delta.com, with all four legs sold as KQ but operated by KLM.

After buying the ticket on delta.com all four legs show as "Passenger Status: Confirmed", and I also have an e-receipt with an e-ticket number. On the receipt all four legs show as "OPEN" and are assigned a class (N).

However, what is worrying me is that when I was looking to choose seats using the Delta PNR on KLM, it only brings up the last leg of the trip (AMS-ARN). On KLM i can also see the KLM-specific PNR, and bringing up that PNR on Kenya Airways or other airlines (Saudi, etc.) also only shows the last leg of the trip.

The e-ticket is on Delta stock (006). Is this something anyone has experienced before? When I called Delta they gave me the same KLM PNR I had found myself, and the agent said she was able to see all four legs on KLM's website. However I still cannot see these.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by easterlywinds

I recently bought a ticket from ARN to NBO via AMS on delta.com, with all four legs sold as KQ but operated by KLM.

After buying the ticket on delta.com all four legs show as "Passenger Status: Confirmed", and I also have an e-receipt with an e-ticket number. On the receipt all four legs show as "OPEN" and are assigned a class (N).

However, what is worrying me is that when I was looking to choose seats using the Delta PNR on KLM, it only brings up the last leg of the trip (AMS-ARN). On KLM i can also see the KLM-specific PNR, and bringing up that PNR on Kenya Airways or other airlines (Saudi, etc.) also only shows the last leg of the trip.

The e-ticket is on Delta stock (006). Is this something anyone has experienced before? When I called Delta they gave me the same KLM PNR I had found myself, and the agent said she was able to see all four legs on KLM's website. However I still cannot see these.
I think you are correct to be concerned. Suggest calling KLM or KLM via twitter to inquire.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

You need to use the KQ PNR to look at KQ reservation.

This isn't uncommon, the main reservation is in DL system and only the legs with KLM code will show in KLMs system. The KQ coded flights should show in KQ system. You likely have yet a 2nd KLM PNR for this trip.

DL creates DL reservation PNR.
DL send KLM coded flight to KLM creating KLM PNR you're looking at.
DL send KQ coded flights to KQ, creating KQ PNR.
KQ sends codeshare flights to KLM the operating carrier, creating 2nd KLM PNR.

Hopefully this explains it.

Last edited by flyerCO; Dec 3, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You need to use the KQ PNR to look at KQ reservation.

This isn't uncommon, the main reservation is in DL system and only the legs with KLM code will show in KLMs system. The KQ coded flights should show in KQ system. You likely have yet a 2nd KLM PNR for this trip.

DL creates DL reservation PNR.
DL send KLM coded flight to KLM creating KLM PNR you're looking at.
DL send KQ coded flights to KQ, creating KQ PNR.
KQ sends codeshare flights to KLM the operating carrier, creating 2nd KLM PNR.

Hopefully this explains it.
Thank you so much for the explanation, this makes sense.

I tried contacting KQ, they were sparse on details but seemed to acknowledge the reservation, but said that there was no KQ PNR and everything was on Delta. I'll try asking KLM tomorrow to see if they can bring it up.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thank you so much for the explanation, this makes sense.

I tried contacting KQ, they were sparse on details but seemed to acknowledge the reservation, but said that there was no KQ PNR and everything was on Delta. I'll try asking KLM tomorrow to see if they can bring it up.
There's a PNR if there's a reservation they see. However since all the KQ flights are codeshare flights, there's basically nothing they can do. Seats would need to be handled with operating carrier KLM, which I'm betting has a 2nd PNR in their system. Any changes of course need to be handled with DL since they booked the ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.