Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
You can check to see if you have an offer to buy DL MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs at:

http://dn.delta.com/skymiles/purchasemqms/landing
Print Wikipost

Delta Buy MQMs for 2017?

Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by gooselee
Interesting that they are also selling MQS this year.

Logged in as a PM with ~115k MQM.

MQM/MQS = $/MQD
1000/3 = 1595
2500/6 = 2195
5000/9 = 2495
7500/12 = 2795
10000/15 = 2995
Logging in as a PM with about 84K MQMs, I got the same offer.

Woof. I think I will pass......

David
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jackplum
My daughter is a FO and here is her offer

1000+3 = 195
2500+6 = 495
5000+9 = 695
7500+12 = 895
10000+15 = 1095
I don't have status for 2016 (about 1600 MQM short, will get over the hump for FO next weekend) and I have the same offer.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Oh, I do. I'll qualify for DM next week.
^

Originally Posted by yaychemistry
I'll end the year with enough MQMs for GM, but $505 MQD short. $495 + buying up to W on my next flight would do it... Awfully tempting, but still having a hard time justifying spending $500.

I don't often have the need to SDC and rarely check a bag, so for me the benefit would be hoping for increased upgrades. I'm 0/18 for F, 1/12 for W this year. No guarantee that being GM will actually improve my odds enough to actually get any upgrades, though.

ST Elite+ would be useful on my one trip to Mexico - it would save me the $29 guest fee to bring my FIL into the SkyClub.
Depends on your routes, of course, but in a lot of places GM might not help you out that much in terms of upgrades.

Looks like you've got 18 flights on the year. Take a very close look at how expensive it would be to just buy F/W on the flights where you really want/need it, plus the $29 for a SC guest pass. Also remember that when you buy-up, you're getting more RDM (and more MQM for FC fares).

Very, very dependent on individual situation, but $500 given those numbers could be pretty borderline.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Got the PM offer, which is funny because even if I bought the highest option (10k MQM = $2995), I'd still be short of DM (even factoring in remaining travel for the year). What a waste of money...

Meanwhile, out of 38 segments this year, 12 of them are/were not on DL. This is down a bit from last year, when 21 of 41 were not on DL.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I'm not eligible and wouldn't have taken the offer anyway.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Does anyone know if they ever offer this to non-status members? I started flying again this past year, currently have no status and am 156 miles short of Silver for 2017 with no flights planned before 12/31. 😳

Any suggestions? I am in Jacksonville, FL and there are not too many easy/affordable options as far as I know for a quick MR.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
Does anyone know if they ever offer this to non-status members? I started flying again this past year, currently have no status and am 156 miles short of Silver for 2017 with no flights planned before 12/31. ��

Any suggestions? I am in Jacksonville, FL and there are not too many easy/affordable options as far as I know for a quick MR.
Have you tried logging into your account and following the links to see whether you have an offer to buy MQMs, assuming that you meet the MQD requirement?

Alternatively, have you attempted to look for a MR from JAX? Any DL flight should get you at least 500 MQMs. Go someplace fun for a weekend break.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 4, 2016 at 6:21 pm Reason: Correcting autocorrect
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you tried offing into your account and following the links to see whether you have an offer to buy MQMs, assuming that you meet the MQD requirement?

Alternatively, have you attempted to look for a MR from JAX? Any DL flight should get you at least 500 MQMs. Go someplace fun for a weekend break.
I had logged into my account and didn't see (or know where to look for the offer). Did a quick google search and found it right off. Was able to buy 1,000MQM for $195 (and yes, I had already satisfied the MQD threshold for silver).

My schedule wouldn't allow for a weekend getaway so any MR would have to have been a sameday turn & burn, and last I looked my cheapest option for that was over $300. Doubt I would have found anything far enough under $195 to warrant the trip so I am a happy camper (although would have preferred to not come up so short in the first place ).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just for the record, the Hilton 250 MQM offer is still out there:

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...lyURL7HE841639
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Another point for those considering is that if you have a DL card with a waiver after 25k spend, consider purchasing after the new year since the MQMs are retroactive but the spend on AMEX is not though the MQDs are. Confusing but it will work.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Another point for those considering is that if you have a DL card with a waiver after 25k spend, consider purchasing after the new year since the MQMs are retroactive but the spend on AMEX is not though the MQDs are. Confusing but it will work.
Good point. I'm already into the mode of postponing large purchases on my DL AmEx credit card to after NYE.

OT, but BTW are you still giving holiday gifts to your favorite ATL SC bartenders?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
You are only referring to the Platinum Delta AMEX, correct? What you posted doesn't make sense to me as a Reserve card holder.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
You are only referring to the Platinum Delta AMEX, correct? What you posted doesn't make sense to me as a Reserve card holder.
The "25K SPEND MQD WAIVER" applies to any DL Amex.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
The "25K SPEND MQD WAIVER" applies to any DL Amex.
But there would be no MQMs with only 25K in spend with the Reserve.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by yohanson
But there would be no MQMs with only 25K in spend with the Reserve.
Correct, but 25k on the Reserve still gets you the waiver. Moreover, if you have already met all spend thresholds on your Amex (waiver and miles boost), any purchases you can delay until 1/1 will help you out with getting to those thresholds in 2017, vs. being a useless add-on for 2016.

For example, I've already spend 60k on my Reserve this year, so have shifted all my daily spending elsewhere. I have an annual insurance bill that is issued at the beginning of each December but due on January 4. If I was short of a spend threshold (25k for MQD waiver, 30k or 60k for miles boost), I would pay it immediately to help reach it. But since I'm not, I will schedule it to be paid on 1/1/17, which will give me a healthy start towards all those thresholds for 2017.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.