Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

C+ unchecked, can I still pick C+ at checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I had to uncheck C+ box in reservation (avoid middle seat)but if I'm eligible for C+ and seats are open, will I be able to select at checkin?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:57 am

Yes, if you select the box.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
To clarify, Widgets (or others), does one check the box after T-24, then commence OLCI, and access should be instant?

I haven't tried but have wondered, having stayed with exits out of worry access would be be delayed, then I'd get sucked into a middle at the gate.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RaflW
To clarify, Widgets (or others), does one check the box after T-24, then commence OLCI, and access should be instant?

I haven't tried but have wondered, having stayed with exits out of worry access would be be delayed, then I'd get sucked into a middle at the gate.
Right? I don't want them to automatically do it and end up in middle. But if I see something, I hope I can move myself.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: DL FO
You have to check the box and request the "upgrade" before OLCI. Then hope you get the upgrade quickly, and can check/change the seat you want within C+.

You can also skip the request process, and just ask the GA before boarding. I'm sure that is not what Delta wants us to do, but as an FO it's my plan - Ask politely at the gate, as long as the GA is overwhelmingly busy.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
That DL wanted to make C+ a "cabin" was their call, and we can all argue or not.

But this upgrade SNAFU (and I think I am being polite even if that acronym was spelled out) is clearly a case of massive stupidity.

It really pisses off customers, causes DL more work. And for absolutely no benefit.

Come on DL, figure this one out. It is not that hard, I can think of several solutions that cost DL nothing and make the customers vastly happier.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by curl
I had to uncheck C+ box in reservation (avoid middle seat)but if I'm eligible for C+ and seats are open, will I be able to select at checkin?
Assuming you are still GM, then you can select at T-72. Any time after that if you see a seat(s) that you like you can check the box and then be able to make your selection.

If you want to be "safe", if you see the seats after T-72 you can call in and have the agent do it for you.

Did both ways earlier this year before becoming PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.