Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food on USA Carriers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Food on USA Carriers

Haven't traveled domestically for quite a few years. Flying from Atlanta to San Diego on Delta non stop. It's around 5 1/2 hours.

Do the domestic airlines serve any food at all?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yes you'll get food if flying in F. Check out this thread for recent examples of what DL has been serving domestically and internationally in F:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...6-edition.html

If flying in Coach, Delta does a buy on board (think it's called Delta FUEL). Don't have a link to what that entails but you can probably find details on DL forum

EDIT: Here is the FUEL menu but can't tell if it's the current menu or not but should give you an idea of what they sell if you aren't in F http://news.delta.com/sites/default/...MECH_final.pdf

Last edited by Duke787; Oct 27, 2016 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:42 pm

http://atlanta.eater.com/2013/12/11/...on-airport-atl

http://www.atl.com/maps/

plenty of (fast) food options if you want to eat before flying (or bring on board. avoid pungent foods though). note the hours though (eg chick-fil-a is closed on sundays, IHOP is open 24/7)
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by floridastorm
Haven't traveled domestically for quite a few years. Flying from Atlanta to San Diego on Delta non stop. It's around 5 1/2 hours.

Do the domestic airlines serve any food at all?
I am not sure where you do most of your flying, but IMO the buy-on-board (usually better than F) trend has pushed US carriers well above their counterparts in other regions on the food front. And, as Duke787 mentioned, you can also get solid food in airports.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Appreciate the info. Flight Fuel really doesn't look that bad. Don't know if we have enough time between flights as the flights are connecting from Gainesville, Florida. Do they allow passengers to bring food on board? Probably would be just as expensive if not more.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Delta Forum
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL FO
Appreciate the info. Flight Fuel really doesn't look that bad. Don't know if we have enough time between flights as the flights are connecting from Gainesville, Florida. Do they allow passengers to bring food on board? Probably would be just as expensive if not more.
Just a heads up that the frequently sell out of the some by on board items. I know the fruit/cheese plate goes quickly.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Yes you can bring food on board.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Realistically, if you do not know what/where to grab something on the run, it is probably simpler to just get the buy-on-board food.

If you know what you want and where to get it, then obviously that gives you more selections. Still overpriced mass made food.

At ATL, my hometown airport, I know exactly where to grab an Indian curry dish and a side of kimchi before hopping on the flight.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by exwannabe

At ATL, my hometown airport, I know exactly where to grab an Indian curry dish and a side of kimchi before hopping on the flight.
No bean burrito?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't rely on buying on board. There may well be little or nothing left by the time the cart gets to you, depending on where you are seated. Either buy something at ATL or GNV (clearly less choice). You can, of course, also bring something from home.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by moondog
I am not sure where you do most of your flying, but IMO the buy-on-board (usually better than F) trend has pushed US carriers well above their counterparts in other regions on the food front. And, as Duke787 mentioned, you can also get solid food in airports.
Ummm no. Have you flown regional in Asia recently? They offer full meals on 2-3 hour flights, and all the ones I had were pretty good.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by televisor
Ummm no. Have you flown regional in Asia recently? They offer full meals on 2-3 hour flights, and all the ones I had were pretty good.
I regularly log between 6 and 8 flights per month within Asia (80% of my flying), and I stand by my previous comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.