Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

More Premium Cabin Devaluation - Delta Raises Award Rates to India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Premium Cabin Devaluation - Delta Raises Award Rates to India

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
At one point I used to credit them to AS; I still do, but I further diversified.

Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
That's my thought of why they made India so high. Basically with only partner airlines flying to India, Delta cannot charge peak miles for peak travel (like they do to SYD). I always fly to India for Christmas (which is super peak for USA-India travel). Always been able to book saver J for my family and I (we travel on different dates) because I book a year in advance and can do free changes. I think Jet will mean even more opportunities.

As for AA, its not BA that's valuable for redemptions, its EY. Etihad offers a ton of seats all at saver prices. I still have a ton of AA miles from 1995-2005. I've been redeeming flights here and there. Ironically I switched away from AA because India flights were so hard (this was pre EY being a partner). Now I could move back for India redemptions - funny.
JetAirways has been very lousy for my needs for award space availability to/from India -- at least while using partner airline programs' miles.

I've had much better luck with using AA miles for QR and EY trips to/from India than using DL miles to get to/from India.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Agreed on not a lot of Jet award space except I noticed that AF did get quite a bit of space on the BOM-CDG flight operated by Jet that had a AF code share (you could book using Skymiles, you just needed to call)
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Looks like AF/ KLM charge 100k miles o/w for Business class redemption on N.A-India routes.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
FF miles aren't really for FFs

One of the posters complained that Delta really wasn't rewarding people who earn miles by flying, versus people who earn miles on credit cards.

When you can sign up for a card with a 100,000 mile (Chase Sapphire Reserve--but not convertible to Delta miles) or 70,000 mile sign-up bonus (like Delta has going right now), it is obvious that airline miles are more a marketing device for credit cards rather than airline tickets.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Was planning on using miles for one leg of our RTW honeymoon, either USA to Maldives or Maldives to USA.

Sucks that I didn't book a week ago when it was 70K each, 55K miles down the toilet as a result. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.