Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iOS app update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
iOS app update

There's a new update on the iOS app... now, the boarding pass will dynamically update, according to the release notes.

"Your seat, gate and flight information will always be up-to-date"

Neat!

There are other updates as well (track your bags on a map, changes to the "today" view, etc., but I really like the new boarding pass update feature.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
There's a new update on the iOS app... now, the boarding pass will dynamically update, according to the release notes.

"Your seat, gate and flight information will always be up-to-date"

Neat!

There are other updates as well (track your bags on a map, changes to the "today" view, etc., but I really like the new boarding pass update feature.
Just downloaded and updated. Hope there are no bugs!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
My BP did not load on to my Apple Watch yesterday on my flight back from SFO to ATL--first time I've had that problem. However, it worked fine on the outbound this past Thursday.

In both cases I had the new iOS and Watch 3.0.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by atl runner
My BP did not load on to my Apple Watch yesterday on my flight back from SFO to ATL--first time I've had that problem. However, it worked fine on the outbound this past Thursday.

In both cases I had the new iOS and Watch 3.0.
I've had this happen a couple times and I think it's an iPhone/watch issue and not unique to the app issuing the pass. The wallet apps on the iPhone and watch are what sync the passes not the issuing apps. Once the pass is in the wallet there are only certain things the issuing app can do (push updates and set expiration are the two most common)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Cool! Hope it works as advertised I know its minor but its always bugged me if i get a battlefield upgrade and when I scan my phone to board it spits out the little paper with my new seat (even though I already know I cleared).
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:20 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Seems like it should still spit out the paper. If my boarding pass silently updates I may not realize I have a new seat assignment.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Android app updated too. Swipe for multiple passengers seems like a nice touch. Large color background showing Medallion status is interesting, although if they were going to do that, I think having each boarding zone be a distinct color and putting it on all screens that have the barcode/QR code would help a bit with the boarding process.

Name:  Screenshot_20161024-090015-picsay.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  28.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20161024-090019-picsay.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  37.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20161024-090025-picsay.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  29.8 KBName:  Screenshot_20161024-090030-picsay.jpg
Views: 2684
Size:  32.6 KB
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pvn
Seems like it should still spit out the paper. If my boarding pass silently updates I may not realize I have a new seat assignment.
True. Ideally I'd say a push notification would happen when your seat gets changed, or something like that.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:46 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
colored background for medallion status seems pretty useless, besides the fact that silver/platinum/diamond are all essentially just shades of grey
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by kenn0223
I've had this happen a couple times and I think it's an iPhone/watch issue and not unique to the app issuing the pass. The wallet apps on the iPhone and watch are what sync the passes not the issuing apps. Once the pass is in the wallet there are only certain things the issuing app can do (push updates and set expiration are the two most common)
Yes. that makes total sense. I was thinking more in terms of the updates causing some issues--not specifically related to the DAL app.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by pvn
colored background for medallion status seems pretty useless, besides the fact that silver/platinum/diamond are all essentially just shades of grey
May make life easier for agents to recognize your status fast
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Starting a second trip and the new app will not show a boarding pass for a flight leaving within the hour. Says the previous trip must complete first; previous trip completed an hour ago. Fortunately had kept the BP generated before the app upgrade and was able to use it
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ats262
Starting a second trip and the new app will not show a boarding pass for a flight leaving within the hour. Says the previous trip must complete first; previous trip completed an hour ago. Fortunately had kept the BP generated before the app upgrade and was able to use it
Yay a bug.

You can always scan your digital medallion card at the gate. A seat assignment slip will print, but it works just fine.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:45 am

Crash

The app crashes for me on an iPhone 7+. The app loads, but then immediately retreates back to the app tray. Trying to open it from the app tray just repeats the same behavior.

I'm traveling today (currently on DL 355 to SLC), but luckily the board pass in my Wallet still works as does notifications from the app itself in the background.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
I'm still looking forward to the day I can have my seat request cards work in the app. That'll be huge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.