Wiki Posts
Search

iOS app update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by WWads
Yay a bug.

You can always scan your digital medallion card at the gate. A seat assignment slip will print, but it works just fine.
Does this really work? Instead of fumbling with boarding passes if things don't work perfectly can I really just scan my Medallion Card at the gate reader?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:28 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Does this really work? Instead of fumbling with boarding passes if things don't work perfectly can I really just scan my Medallion Card at the gate reader?
I remember reading that you can scan pretty much anything tied to your SkyMiles account (including boarding pass for previous/next segment, Sky Club membership card, Medallion card) and it will work. Although I think I also remember someone subsequently replying that they tried either SC or Medallion card and it crashed the gate computer, so YMMV
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Did Delta abandon Ipad app?

I recognize that the new Delta App 4.0 supports Ipad, but Ipad has had its own app with variety of other features. Sadly, last update was Dec 2015, did DL abandon supporting for this version of the app?

Jiburi
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by kenn0223
I tried this with a GA not long ago, just to see the results. I can confirm that scanning a plastic Medallion card will work. The GA was surprised. I see no reason why the electronic version wouldn't work.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
So on iOS with this update will the boarding pass that is stored in the Wallet app update as well? I can't tell if the notes are just referring to the in-app boarding pass.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I, too, would like to know if the EBP updates in the wallet since I access my EBP on my iWatch. Friday will be a test: PEK-SEA-SLC-OKC.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Originally Posted by ats262
Starting a second trip and the new app will not show a boarding pass for a flight leaving within the hour. Says the previous trip must complete first; previous trip completed an hour ago. Fortunately had kept the BP generated before the app upgrade and was able to use it
And after landing on the second trip (a one-way) a couple of hours later, the new app did show the BP for that second trip flight, but it did not reflect the upgraded seat number- it still showed the coach seat number; I got the upgrade minutes before boarding and got the paper slip from the gate reader. The BP in the wallet was not updated.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Does the background color indicating status show up only on BPs? I don't have a trip for another week but unless the color background is only on the BPs I'm not seeing it.

One thing I don't like in the new version is the inability to swipe between seat maps for connecting flights; you have to x out of one, scroll down in the trip details, and then click again for the next seat map.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:28 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
True. Ideally I'd say a push notification would happen when your seat gets changed, or something like that.
this is exactly what happened. I swiped on the notification, it pulled up the boarding pass and had yellow circles around what had changed (seat and class).

Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jalm1
So on iOS with this update will the boarding pass that is stored in the Wallet app update as well? I can't tell if the notes are just referring to the in-app boarding pass.
I can confirm that it does update the Wallet pass seat assignment as well.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by anon2k2
I can confirm that it does update the Wallet pass seat assignment as well.
Sorry, but remind me if the EBP in the iP/iW wallet also includes gate information. That would be important to me since I generally am flying D1 or FC.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanm
Does the background color indicating status show up only on BPs? I don't have a trip for another week but unless the color background is only on the BPs I'm not seeing it.

One thing I don't like in the new version is the inability to swipe between seat maps for connecting flights; you have to x out of one, scroll down in the trip details, and then click again for the next seat map.
There is a drop-down menu at the top of the seat map that allows you to select different flights.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 3furballs
There is a drop-down menu at the top of the seat map that allows you to select different flights.
Thanks! Just found it. I'd been looking on the top right, which is where it is on the new seat maps on dl.com
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
There's a new update on the iOS app... now, the boarding pass will dynamically update, according to the release notes.

"Your seat, gate and flight information will always be up-to-date"

Neat!

There are other updates as well (track your bags on a map, changes to the "today" view, etc., but I really like the new boarding pass update feature.
Hallelujah!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
With the previous version of the app, when I tried to view the status of checked baggage, I got an error message stating that it could not find any information. This occurred far more likely than not.

But, the old app then gave you the option of scanning the baggage receipt bar code, or entering the bag tag manually.

With the new app, I still get the error message, but they have taken away the option of finding the luggage information via the alternate means.

DL IT... thanks for the big step backwards, as you continue to roll out not-ready-for-prime-time software.

=========================================
Updating: I discovered that I could pull up my return reservation and access info for the bag that I had checked on the outbound. In fact, I could go to both of the trips that I have scheduled in December and access baggage information for my October outbound flight. I just cannot access the needed information when I try to access it via the page for my actual outbound flight. In all cases, the app will not automatically find the bag information. I have to scan or enter the bag tag number manually... which, as noted above, the app does not allow me to do on the originating flight.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Nov 2, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.