Delta to Start RDU-AUS 3/9/17

Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by lmsalman
It's not too bad. I've done RDU-MSP twice in a CR9 and that's 980 miles, worst part of that flight was waiting in what felt like a 20 degree jetway to pick up pink tagged bags.
Ive done atl yul for 2 hrs and 45 mins of crj 900 bliss in FC.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Very excited about this one. Will make my life easier.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
forgot to mention this one from Oct 2006: ~1100 miles COS-CVG on a CR7 with no FC
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by jrl767
forgot to mention this one from Oct 2006: ~1100 miles COS-CVG on a CR7 with no FC
Now that's pure torture.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
If pricing on this route after SXSW is good, this route will make me very happy, as I will probably be doing a number of RDU-AUS-CHI open jaw every 6-7 weeks starting in February. The DL nonstop after SXSW ends will get me an extra 2 hours of sleep instead of connecting on AA via DFW, and if I am DL Plat by then I would hope for either an upgrade or the bulkhead aisle.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Originally Posted by jrl767
Now that's pure torture.
If you're stuck in Y, does it matter if the plane has FC? The ride in Y is just as miserable to me - perhaps even worse if the plane has FC because I know there are people getting way better treatment while I'm stuck in cattle class.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Nice add.

AUS is a common work trip and combined with the new LAS direct for trade shows, it's getting hard to ignore DL as the ideal option ex-RDU.
RDU to LAS is just a couple weeks in January for one convention in LAS, correct? Not even seasonal. Same for four or five other cities during same time of month to LAS. I'm sure if I'm mistaken someone will correct me. Still, more service is always a good thing.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I remember when CO put a 145 on IAH-Bakersfield, CA. Talk about an awful route for an ERJ.
At one point the BFL-IAH flight was also a redeye on the 145
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
At one point the BFL-IAH flight was also a redeye on the 145
Redeye on an RJ? Is sleeping in the aisle an option?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by WWads
Redeye on an RJ? Is sleeping in the aisle an option?
Don't put anything past COdbaUA
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:03 am

I think a lot of folks are overlooking the fact that if they are only operating this route because they have a small enough plane to do it. I'm sure they would love to upgauge if the demand proves out!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I think a lot of folks are overlooking the fact that if they are only operating this route because they have a small enough plane to do it. I'm sure they would love to upgauge if the demand proves out!
Good point, may as well put a toe in the water with an RJ before committing a larger plane that may end up flying 1/2 empty.

DL's done that plenty of times, just look at RDU/CDG...so popular it's getting widebody service now.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Well I guess demand may be "proving out" because it looks like DL has upgauged this flight to a 717 from March 5th to End of Schedule.

Not bad ^

Looks like CMK10's wish came true
Originally Posted by CMK10
Wish they had decided to use a 717 instead.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Well I guess demand may be "proving out" because it looks like DL has upgauged this flight to a 717 from March 5th to End of Schedule.

Not bad ^

Looks like CMK10's wish came true
^ - the one time I was supposed to fly it, it was oversold and I took a bump (ended up going AUS - DTW - RDU). Thought this was a prime candidate to eventually go CS100 (and it still may be) but I welcome the 717
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I flew this route westbound a few weeks ago. Incredibly civilized flight times, no need for a 4:30am airport arrival to connect at ATL (DL) or DFW (AA). Easy upgrade (PM at the window) on a Tuesday, the checked bag was waiting by the time I got from the gate to baggage claim, and I had time to pick up some lunch before my 1pm meeting on the north side of Austin.

The eastbound flight time is not particularly great. If the 717 sticks, perhaps they'll send it on from Austin somewhere else (LAX?) and try to get a return to RDU which leaves closer to 2pm so that people can work a morning and then travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.