Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Million-Miler Recognized on Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I don't think his was requested by anyone because he was genuinely surprised and seemed almost confused for the appreciation.
I firmly believe somebody did something to alert Delta staff of his milestone. He might have been well known to the SEA ground staff who initiated the hoopla. Unprompted recognition just doesn't happen; I know it never has for me.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm about to depart DAB and the flight attendant announced there was a Flying Colonel onboard. It would have been nice if they had been identified. I'm guessing the passenger would be in their 70's or 80's though.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Thumbs up

Delta did a nice job of recognition for my 2mm flight - balloons, coffee, bagels, and a personalized cake at my departure airport in addition to a card signed by about 10 people, and a goodie bag of delta branded items. The station manager even came and thanked me as did other gate agent/staff that were working the ramp (double duty types that know me).

In MSP they paged me at the skyclub (delayed flight) to give me another thank you and goody bag (of different items).

And last but not least - I got the first choice of meals on my MSP to SFO flight because of my 2MM flight.

Overall, very well done and much appreciated!

Last edited by BadgerFlyer91; Oct 24, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:58 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
They made quite a to-do about a new 1 million miler on one of my flights Saturday (SAN-ATL), with an announcement on board before departure and a round of applause. They also appeared to give him a gift bag with a bottle of champagne and possibly more which I couldn't tell as I was back a few rows.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kpbadger
They made quite a to-do about a new 1 million miler on one of my flights Saturday (SAN-ATL), with an announcement on board before departure and a round of applause. They also appeared to give him a gift bag with a bottle of champagne and possibly more which I couldn't tell as I was back a few rows.
@kpbadger - you must have missed me this morning as I see you are also MSN. I took the leisurely 9:30 am MSP flight instead of my normal early morning flight.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Just passed 2MM on my FRA-JFK-LAX flight on Friday. No recognition at all, except for the usual "thanks for being a MM." On the 2nd flight I say "just passed 2MM" and she said "thats nice" and moved on.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:58 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I remember years ago when DL used to fly the 767-300ER from JFK-SLC I was waiting for the bathroom up front and noticed the passenger manifest at the front of the cabin. I was glancing over it and noticed out of the 36 business elite seats up front, five passengers were 5MM, three were 2MM and there were a few MM... I was shocked to see that many 5MM on the plane. Granted my MM came almost exclusively from domestic travel, but even with international travel that is a hell of a lot of time on a plane.
I was flying ORD-ATL one night in FC, and the flight attendant announced to us, "Everyone in First Class tonight is a Million Miler, what do you think that means?" And someone answered, "It means we have no life!"
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The only memorable aspect of my 2MM qualifying flight was that a redcoat who I knew on a conversational basis was able to find a BP printer that still used the old heavy card stock. So, I have both my 1MM and 2 MM boarding pass stubs printed out the good ol' way.

Probably won't be so lucky when I reach 3MM in a couple years.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BenA
The model 767 is a nice touch. Although it gives me pause, since I'm currently scheduled to hit 1MM later in September... on a 737-900. Out of all the planes in the fleet, that's one I least want to commemorate with a model displayed in my office :P
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
My million will be 12/10 MSP/LAS on a 757. A 757 model is too much to hope for.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My 2MM was on a 777 from NRT to MSP. I was sitting in 7D.
My DL 1MM will be, I expect, on a Virgin Australia flight somewhere over the Pacific next year. (No more flying, or at least not 19K of it, this year.) I have a hunch that VA won't do a thing.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, DL PM, Marriott Gold, HIlton Gold
I heard the guy hitting his two million milestine bought everyone in Delta One a drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.