Wiki Posts
Search

C+ NO Soup For You

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:05 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

C+ NO Soup For You

Literally had my hand slapped out of the C+ basket...Took a bag of kettle chips, 1 pack of oreos and then was slapped away from getting a packet of chocolate covered blueberries. FA said "there is not enough for everyone and that she only has 1 basket"...sitting in 20F, ATL to DEN on a 757 that is older than dirt.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by SSF556
Literally had my hand slapped out of the C+ basket...Took a bag of kettle chips, 1 pack of oreos and then was slapped away from getting a packet of chocolate covered blueberries. FA said "there is not enough for everyone and that she only has 1 basket"...sitting in 20F, ATL to DEN on a 757 that is older than dirt.
Why were you under the impression that you were entitled to getting half of all the goodies in the basket, leaving nothing left for the other passengers?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I would press charges. If you had slapped the flight attendants hands you'd be in plasticuffs, diverting to Kansas City, and be met by the local swat team.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by SSF556
Reminds me of catholic school and the nuns with a ruler. Looks like the new snack basket enhancement has been implemented.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
Why were you under the impression that you were entitled to getting half of all the goodies in the basket, leaving nothing left for the other passengers?
Delta specifically trains flight attendants to present the snack basket to passengers so that they may select their own snacks. If the airline is too cheap to cater a reasonable amount of snacks for the few rows of Comfort+ on a given flight, then the attendants should instead be trained to hand out snacks individually from the cart as they do with peanuts/pretzels/cookies elsewhere in the main cabin.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:24 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would press charges.
no you wouldn't
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
That was fast....

I am under the impression that when you present a basket to a customer you do not yell at them are push them away from taking what they want. I was going to take 3 items from the basket. And for anyone who has flown Delta they know that there are about 6 chocolate covered blueberries per packet.

In the future they need to either get rid if the basket or have enough stash for everyone....
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:29 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
those aren't chocolate covered blueberries, btw. If you read the package, it's just blueberry-flavored goop.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:35 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by pvn
those aren't chocolate covered blueberries, btw. If you read the package, it's just blueberry-flavored goop.
Really yummy blueberry flavored goop....
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Did the FA actually slap you or are you just saying that?

Personally (and I'm guessing I'll be jumped on for saying this) I think that taking 3 [unhealthy, sodium & sugar filled] items is a bit excessive, particularly when you were also probably given peanuts/cookies/pretzels during drink service. It is not intended to be a meal, but a little something extra. It's also about sharing with others. It is not realistic or necessary for Delta to cater so that there is an unlimited supply of these vending machine type snacks. If you are hungry, bring or buy a meal on board.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Did the FA actually slap you or are you just saying that?

Personally (and I'm guessing I'll be jumped on for saying this) I think that taking 3 [unhealthy, sodium & sugar filled] items is a bit excessive, particularly when you were also probably given peanuts/cookies/pretzels during drink service. It is not intended to be a meal, but a little something extra. It's also about sharing with others. It is not realistic or necessary for Delta to cater so that there is an unlimited supply of these vending machine type snacks. If you are hungry, bring or buy a meal on board.
So 2 is the limit....what if my 3rd item had been the banana?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Reminded me of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...sket-type.html

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:52 am

I think DL should stock enough items so that those who sit in the last row of C+ can have a choice. There have been a few times when by the time FA gets to the last row of C+ there are literally only DL cookies and peanuts left. One time it happened, I told FA I will pass and (I think as a joke) FA threw couple of peanuts bags on my table tray as he felt I should have snack on a longish flight (if I recall it correctly it was a 4 hour flight with only one pass of the snack basket).

So, it is a considerate thing to do for passengers to limit their intake to maybe 2 items, but I think it is bad customer service for FA to slap someone's hand or reprimand the passenger for taking 3 items.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough
I think DL should stock enough items so that those who sit in the last row of C+ can have a choice. There have been a few times when by the time FA gets to the last rows there are literally only DL cookies and peanuts left. One time it happened, I told FA I will pass and (I think as a joke) FA threw couple of peanuts bags on my table tray as he felt I should have snack on a longish flight (I think it was a 4 hour flight with only one pass of the snack basket).

So, I think it is a considerate thing to do for passengers to limit their intake to maybe 2 items, but I think it is bad customer service for FA to slap someone's hand or reprimand the passenger for taking 3 items.
They advertise premium snacks. They should either cater enough or have a per person limit. Given the extra they charge for those seats, one would think they would just cater it better. But DL has had running catering problems for years (my favorite still has to be running out of snacks, in J, a few hours into a long DXB-ATL flight). Learned that lesson and I now bring a few snacks with me on very long flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.