Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ NO Soup For You

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Ny76
OP - if you were literally slapped by a flight attendant than I would lodge a formal complaint.
If a pax slapped the hand of a FA in a similar fashion, the chances are good that the FA would file an assault complaint.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
The fact that you get something for free on the flight doesn't mean you can just take unlimited amounts of whatever you want.
It's so cute you think you get something for free on the flight.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:37 pm

Or perhaps DL could bring the snackbasket by more than once.

Yes, I admit to taking 3 items sometimes.

Was recently on a LGA-MSY flight for 3 hours. They did a snack run 10 minutes after take off, then a beverage run at 12 minutes after take off then disappeared for the rest of the flight.

No, i'm not going to starve if i only had 1 snack, but for a 3 hour flight it is so unreasonable to expect a second pass of the snackbasket?? Happy to take one the first time and 1 the second time.

And on the flight in question, nobody starved and i saw the FA bringing a semi full basket back to the galley.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yogimax
Was this necessary? These are the kinds of snarky comments I find so distasteful on flyertalk!
I am being 100% honest when I say that no snark was intended, and that I also don't like it when FT gets snarky (though I can't say I've never given it back when it's given!). I really, honestly, just meant that if someone is needing to actually have a substantial amount of food, that they should not rely on the snacks offered in C+. I also think that DL could do a better job of making it clear that it really is just a light packaged snack.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Aug 29, 2016 at 12:56 pm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by injera
Or perhaps DL could bring the snackbasket by more than once.

Yes, I admit to taking 3 items sometimes.

Was recently on a LGA-MSY flight for 3 hours. They did a snack run 10 minutes after take off, then a beverage run at 12 minutes after take off then disappeared for the rest of the flight.

No, i'm not going to starve if i only had 1 snack, but for a 3 hour flight it is so unreasonable to expect a second pass of the snackbasket?? Happy to take one the first time and 1 the second time.

And on the flight in question, nobody starved and i saw the FA bringing a semi full basket back to the galley.
Agree with your comments. And where does delta advertise you can only choose one snack? And what happens invariably when half the people decline the snack. Does delta refund a portion of ticket that the person paid for the snack. No they do not. Delta negotiate with your vendors better so you can supply more snacks to your customers. I have taken 2 to 3 snacks before. So am I now a "snack gamer"?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I'll also add a comment a made recently about F class snack baskets in the meals thread that I think also applies. I don't like snack baskets. The snack boces they serve on the west coast shuttles are much better, and you also know what you are getting: Each person gets 1 box with veggies/hummus, etc. For longer flights they should do the wraps that they offer on the TCON routes. I know fresh food is more expensive but it's so much better in so many ways and would this whole issue.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Personally, I take 1 or 2, depending on what's in there. If I see something I really like, I'll usually ask the FA to stop by on the way back, if they have any leftovers.

Now, that's in F, where the snax ARE free. In C+, where the snax are theoretically paid for via additional fare, well..... Anything goes!

But, I rarely end up in C+.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Personally, I take 1 or 2, depending on what's in there. If I see something I really like, I'll usually ask the FA to stop by on the way back, if they have any leftovers.

Now, that's in F, where the snax ARE free. In C+, where the snax are theoretically paid for via additional fare, well..... Anything goes!

But, I rarely end up in C+.
This. And once an FA had a whole unopened sleeve of Biscoffs at the end of the flight. So ... A, an unsolicited Go Bag for me!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:18 pm

If you were at the thanksgiving table and you took half the pumpkin pie before anybody else at the table got any, that would be quite rude and unfair to everyone else at the table. Sure, no one published a policy saying you could only take one slice, but think about common courtesy.

Maybe the flight attendant could have been more tactful in ensuring there was enough snacks for everybody (I don't know, I wasn't there), but as a rule of thumb, I think it's polite to take up to 2 snacks, and no more than 1 of any kind, the first time the basket is circulated. I think this is especially true if you're near the front. I'm sure some here will disagree on what the courtesy limit should be.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
I do think the generally accepted limit is 2 snacks per person per pass of the basket, but this is just a social norm and not a policy. The FA should have been more tactful if they were truly at risk of running out. If not, they should have allowed the pax to take 3 snacks.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:57 pm

I used to wonder what all the people who were complaining about bathroom size on the 737-9 were eating..

It's not that hard to take 1 item, maybe 2 if you're really hungry and then ask the FA for more after the basket has made the rounds. I think some people in this country never learned to share in pre-school.

Bottom line: Be a normal person- the snack basket is not the all you can eat snack buffet.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ruckzac
If you were at the thanksgiving table and you took half the pumpkin pie before anybody else at the table got any, that would be quite rude and unfair to everyone else at the table. Sure, no one published a policy saying you could only take one slice, but think about common courtesy.
You are obviously not from the south. We would never just have one dessert on Thanksgiving.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by javabytes
2-3 items from the snack basket is far from excessive. Sounds like DL needs to step up the catering for their so-called premium product.
Maybe, but the FA's have no say in how the flights are stocked or the number of snacks that end up on their flight. As there is no published rule on the number of snacks a passenger can take from the basket, it's up to the discretion of the FA and in this case, they limited that number to two in order to ensure that everyone utilizing the premium product gets a snack. I always get a kick out of these snack threads and it's pretty pathetic that the OP is complaining that they weren't able to take three snacks.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Navig8R
Maybe, but the FA's have no say in how the flights are stocked or the number of snacks that end up on their flight. As there is no published rule on the number of snacks a passenger can take from the basket, it's up to the discretion of the FA and in this case, they limited that number to two in order to ensure that everyone utilizing the premium product gets a snack. I always get a kick out of these snack threads and it's pretty pathetic that the OP is complaining that they weren't able to take three snacks.
I think the OP is more likely complaining about the way the situation was handled and he has every right to be upset. A simple "I'll come back to you if there are any leftovers" would have been a much better way to handle it. Physically assaulting someone is never the right customer service choice.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
But one point the OP was entirely accurate about was the plane was "older than dirt". Just got off the DEN-ATL return leg, christ, what a heap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.