Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SDC on a ticket used with Amex companion coupon

Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

Is it possible to SDC if I have a regular ticket booked using the companion coupon from delta amex platinum? It is the return leg, and my +1 will not be flying (had to come back earlier).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes you can SDC but you will be restricted by the usual SDC rules for needing your fare bucket available on the new flight. The trick is they'd have to split the record so you are not on the same PNR as your now non-traveling companion... otherwise you'd need two seats and have to pay the $50 SDC fee assuming they weren't GM+.

You might have to call a few times to get an agent to split the record.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Yes you can SDC but you will be restricted by the usual SDC rules for needing your fare bucket available on the new flight. The trick is they'd have to split the record so you are not on the same PNR as your now non-traveling companion... otherwise you'd need two seats and have to pay the $50 SDC fee assuming they weren't GM+.

You might have to call a few times to get an agent to split the record.
Both must travel together. There's no changing one without the other. They will let the paid passenger fly by themself, but the companion won't be allowed.

Missed the part about +1 not flying. However I'm not sure they can split the PNR with companion tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.