Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hi! Rare fliers could use some advice for upcoming YYC-SEA-KOA-HNL-SLC-YYC flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hi! Rare fliers could use some advice for upcoming YYC-SEA-KOA-HNL-SLC-YYC flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by scongro
Just so you don't have your bubble burst at the airport....how do you have access to the SkyClub. Just asking because Domestic F doesn't provide access. The only seating category that guarantees access is D1 internationally or JFK-SFO/LAX.
They're flying same-day in a premium cabin on an international flight. (The only internationals that don't qualify are to/from Caribbean and I think US protectorates.)
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by slidebite
I really appreciate the replies and sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Are bulkheads usually pretty good in the CRJ700? Not really concerned about underseat storage.
I would prefer taking 1A & 2A, both of you will have a window+aisle seat, YYC-SEA flight provides nice view up over the Rockies.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

^^ Hmm, never thought of that. I don't think the Mrs would prefer that though but I certainly see your logic.
Just so you don't have your bubble burst at the airport....how do you have access to the SkyClub. Just asking because Domestic F doesn't provide access. The only seating category that guarantees access is D1 internationally or JFK-SFO/LAX.
This is the info specifically:
Delta One or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight* in Delta One or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight. (In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary.)

*International Travel includes: Customers traveling to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam and Saipan).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
This is not strictly correct in its entirety.

Premium cabin travel (not necessarily D1) to Canada and other Intl destinations (excluding the Caribbean) confers access. While the wording on the access policies could be a little clearer, it does indicate that domestic travel connecting to a same day Skyteam premium cabin flight Internationally (of which Canada is specifically listed as being determined as Intl for this purpose) provides for access.

The OP will even have access in HNL if their connection time were to permit.

I fly Canada-US in DL F frequently and always use the clubs if connection time permits, even for my downroute same day connections. The scanner doesn't always "beep" the boarding passes correctly for the lounge staff but if they don't immediately pick up on the Intl connection, a friendly reminder that I'm travelling Intl in First is always met with a "welcome to the lounge".
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: DM/3MM
So that's why the clubs are so packed...the large population of Canadian F travelers surging through US airports.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SamuelS
This is not strictly correct in its entirety.

Premium cabin travel (not necessarily D1) to Canada and other Intl destinations (excluding the Caribbean) confers access. While the wording on the access policies could be a little clearer, it does indicate that domestic travel connecting to a same day Skyteam premium cabin flight Internationally (of which Canada is specifically listed as being determined as Intl for this purpose) provides for access.

The OP will even have access in HNL if their connection time were to permit.

I fly Canada-US in DL F frequently and always use the clubs if connection time permits, even for my downroute same day connections. The scanner doesn't always "beep" the boarding passes correctly for the lounge staff but if they don't immediately pick up on the Intl connection, a friendly reminder that I'm travelling Intl in First is always met with a "welcome to the lounge".
I stand corrected.....I always interpreted "International First" in the policy for something like Air France's true International First, as opposed to Delta's First Class (which to Canada is basically Domestic First service), however given that they explicitly mention Canada in the policy, then I agree - I view this as you'll have access.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
So that's why the clubs are so packed...the large population of Canadian F travelers surging through US airports.
I don't really think Canada has that many F passengers, at least in the past dozens of flights in coach, the Canada-US segments have 100% upgraded to F regarding I'm just a Flying Blue Gold, which means I am all behind DM, PM, GM, SM in the UG list...

Can't speak for the west since I've only taken a couple times YYC-SEA, YEG-MSP; But at least in the East, most flights DTW/JFK don't have that many F paxs, maybe a bit more on ATL though...
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by tbaiyun
I don't really think Canada has that many F passengers, at least in the past dozens of flights in coach, the Canada-US segments have 100% upgraded to F regarding I'm just a Flying Blue Gold, which means I am all behind DM, PM, GM, SM in the UG list...

Can't speak for the west since I've only taken a couple times YYC-SEA, YEG-MSP; But at least in the East, most flights DTW/JFK don't have that many F paxs, maybe a bit more on ATL though...
I was kidding...people complain about SC crowding, and of course Canadian F pax are hardly a huge number of pax using the clubs vs. all the other sources of access to SCs.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Seat guru is saying the plan for the 76P that I will likely be on the for the HNL-SLC leg has cut-outs for foot-space in the bulkhead for row 1. We are tentatively in 1 E&F.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/De...-300_D_New.php

Would I be better suited going for a something other than Row 1? There are a couple pairs still available that I can snag.

I'm about 5'10" but size 13 feet.

Last edited by slidebite; Aug 29, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by slidebite
Seat guru is saying the plan for the 76P that I will likely be on the for the HNL-SLC leg has cut-outs for foot-space in the bulkhead for row 1. We are tentatively in 1 E&F.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/De...-300_D_New.php

Would I be better suited going for a something other than Row 1? There are a couple pairs still available that I can snag.

I'm about 5'10" but size 13 feet.
If it's the D1 int'l version, your size 13 feet will greatly appreciate the row 1 extra foot space. Don't know if they have it in the middle seats, but definitely in the window seats.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
If it's the D1 int'l version, your size 13 feet will greatly appreciate the row 1 extra foot space. Don't know if they have it in the middle seats, but definitely in the window seats.
76P/Q is the widely-reviled 2-2-2 domestic F configuration.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
76P/Q is the widely-reviled 2-2-2 domestic F configuration.
Then no extra cut-outs there.

I haven't been on the 2x2x2 plane in many years.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Ugh, Seatguru says there is a cutout. Only row left now is 5 (not going middle) and so unsure if I should snag it now or not.

e: I snagged 5EF. Can't take the risk with limited foot room for that flight.

Last edited by slidebite; Aug 30, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
I'm very familiar with most of your planes/flights
Some info- the CRJ 700 is a small plane and doesn't fit most roller bags and carry ons, this means pink tagging (gate checking) any larger carry on bags So you'll have to take out meds and laptops.
Kona is old school so you plane & de-plane outside via stairs attached to the plane. They are kinda steep and if you are carrying lots of bags or are not steady on your feet you might need to arrange a lift. You'll have a meal in F from SEA-KOA. They serve a Mai-tai pre-boarding drink but I always ask for something else.
When you use Hawaiian airlines as a code share with delta and start a leg of travel with them you cannot use the app to check-in with delta. You have to check in at the counter. Remember in Hawaii you have an extra scan of your luggage so give yourself extra time at the airport. Nothing moves quickly in Hawaii.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

What do you mean by extra scan of luggage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.