Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SKymiles reciprocal benefits on GOL partner itineraries

Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM

I am flying a GOL multi city itinerary end of October and November BSB-GRU-EZE and IGU-GIG-BSB all on GOL Metal. The entire trip is a sky miles award ticket.

My question is will GOL provided any additional benefits, I am a DL Million miler and Silver Medallion, I know GOL is a DL partner, but not a sky team member.

Benefits I am curious about are pre boarding, additional luggage allowance, upgrade to C+ equivalent.

RC
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There's a page on DL that it lists benefits when flying on partners. A search for GOL partnership on the Delta Home page will return results.

GOL Partnership

No lounge access for FO, only GM+. Same for free access to their C+ equal, only GM+. Additional baggage is not list as a benefit for anyone. In fact most partnerships outside of Skyteam all limit most benefits to GM+.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
Gol Club Access with DL sky club executive membership

I have a DL Sky club executive membership, when I am in GRU between flights can I access the Gol lounge with my DL Sky Club executive membership?

RC
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I have a DL Sky club executive membership, when I am in GRU between flights can I access the Gol lounge with my DL Sky Club executive membership?

RC
No. AFAIK only AF/KLM give SC membership access.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
There's a page on DL that it lists benefits when flying on partners. A search for GOL partnership on the Delta Home page will return results.

GOL Partnership

No lounge access for FO, only GM+. Same for free access to their C+ equal, only GM+. Additional baggage is not list as a benefit for anyone. In fact most partnerships outside of Skyteam all limit most benefits to GM+.
GOL just charged me R$39 for a seat on a domestic flight. I thought their phone agent said R$59, but when I looked at my reservation on the GOL website, it demanded R$39.

BTW, I wonder whether DL passengers could use the shuttle from GRU to CGH upon arrival and then take a taxi from their to their hotel in order to avoid the long and expensive taxi ride from GRU to downtown. It would take a bit more time, but some people might find it worthwhile depending on where their hotel is located. [There's an airport but that serves about two dozen of the downtown hotels and costs almost R$50, with departures about every hour and ten minutes, so that this isn't a convenient option for everyone.]
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO

GOL Partnership

GOL in Brazil insists that some of the information on that page on delta.dumb is wrong.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I remember in the past that these Comfort+ seats also got a small snack/drink on international flights? Has that changed? I will be doing GRU-SCL in a month, which is pretty long!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Silver, JJ Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Are you in GOL premium(first rows of the plane with the middle seat blocked in international flights)? If so, you do get a hot meal and drinks(including alcoholic beverage). In main cabin you also get a meal and beverage( alcoholic not included).
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Dont know what Silvers get but GM and above get fully recognized. Ive never had a problem. Been able to select Comfort seats online (you used to have to call) and always board first (although it is usually a bus). Lounge access no issue (but they dont have a lot of lounges). GOL is an efficient airline. Really like them. The only think to be aware of GOL, and most Brazilian airlines, change gates ransdomly. So 1.5 hours before they send you to one gate and then at boarding time you will find out gate has moved (usually no english announcement). Oh well...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.