Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade list 47 deep - for an 11:30am flight to SMF???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade list 47 deep - for an 11:30am flight to SMF???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by Exploerer
I guess you missed me posting the word "after" your dream comes true of having companions get an UG over a DM & all PM

Please forgive me for being unthoughtful , I should of realized that you buy your tickets in advance to get the best available price.

I am sorry that some of us have schedules that do not allow us to purchase tickets far in advance so we can always get the aisle seat. I am sure you also can't imagine booking a flight last minute that only has middle seats available or zero F seats until you actually experience it.

I understand it is impossible for you to fathom an upgrade list of 47 for 1 available seat until you actually experienced it for yourself.
Flying southwest would alleviate all of your issues
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:08 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
So, it is your position that I missed out on an upgrade because a DM + companion took my upgrade?

Help me with your math - I am #2 on the list. There is 1 seat available. How can there be 2 people in front of me, and where are they going to sit? I don't think they allow stacking....

And how do you figure that missing an upgrade is going to kick me out of my selected seat and move me to a middle seat somewhere?

You must me new here - let me share some tips: if you want to avoid a middle seat, don't book one. If it is really important to you to sit up front, book one of those seats. Simple, huh? This has worked really well for me. I have flown almost 130,000 miles this year on Delta, with 120 segments. So far, not one single middle seat.

0 for 120.

But under the NEW policy, greedy diamonds are going to TAKE YOUR SEAT and you'll have to sit with the cargo.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:14 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'll be the first to admit that snark and troll-baiting can be fun, and have engaged in my fair share of it, but maybe it could be confined to his special thread so that he and his sock-puppets don't eventually pollute every thread in the forum... or just ignore (as I've been trying to do lately) and make good use of the red notify-a-moderator button.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by EditingFX
Interesting.

Any correlation to medicinal weed? ^
Originally Posted by nikitta28
You'll have to check with the Denver flyers...

Usually in Seattle when the gate agent comes on the plane and asks a ten-deep list of names to ring the call button if they have boarded, they blame it on the TSA line. Guess we have the real answer
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
What the heck is going on Sacramento? I've flown there from SLC at least 10 times in the last 6 months, never seen anything like it.

The good news is, I'm #2.
Bad news? Only one seat available.

It's not even a very full flight. The list is showing 47 for 1 in first, 14 for 2 in C+, and 11 standby - with 21 seats remaining (on an A320).

What gives?
Last Thursday I flew STLMSP 1500 departure....the F list was 57 for a 12F config 320. 57?!?! Sure its a Thursday but STL isn't exactly a hopping business heavy market that DL has ownership of. Granted I was confirmed in F, but it seemed a little crazy to see a list that long.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I have a picture somewhere when I saw the best upgrade list ever 87 people long with NO F seats left. I was somewhere in the 70's I think as GM, so that tells you how many PM & DM were on this flight.

Oddly it was an MCO-ATL on the crack of dawn 5:30 AM flight. (I know lots of business people are there but still..... )

Forgot to add this was an MD-90

Last edited by vincentharris; Aug 23, 2016 at 12:53 pm
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I have a picture somewhere when I saw the best upgrade list ever 87 people long with NO F seats left. I was somewhere in the 70's I think as GM, so that tells you how many PM & DM were on this flight.

Oddly it was an MCO-ATL on the crack of dawn 5:30 AM flight. (I know lots of business people are there but still..... )

Forgot to add this was an MD-90
I have a thread that was SFO-ATL in January with 142 on the list (when people still have carry over status) BEAT THAT!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
What the heck is going on Sacramento? I've flown there from SLC at least 10 times in the last 6 months, never seen anything like it.

The good news is, I'm #2.
Bad news? Only one seat available.

It's not even a very full flight. The list is showing 47 for 1 in first....What gives?
I'd give the OP a break. It's a legitimate question, and his experience surprises me. I'd exect the state and local government types going to California's state capital to be coming from inside California, not SLC. On the other hand, SLC connections are tougher than other non-hub connection points like LAX if one is flying north-south along the west coast.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

In a somewhat amusing coincidence, I am flying the other direction in a little less than an hour. This time, there are 3 on the upgrade list. I am once again #2, and there is once again only one available seat.

I am guessing that my odds of getting that one seat with just one other passenger below me on the list are going to be really similar to what they were when there were 45 down there.

(edit) The gate agent just announced that "we will have a completely full flight, so we need to check as many roll aboards as possible" on a flight that departs in 30 minutes and is showing 55 seats remaining (on an A320) in the app.

Last edited by Qwkynuf; Aug 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: DL PM
In a somewhat amusing coincidence, I am flying the other direction in a little less than an hour. This time, there are 3 on the upgrade list. I am once again #2, and there is once again only one available seat.
Amazing the difference between Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon, huh?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... The gate agent just announced that "we will have a completely full flight, so we need to check as many roll aboards as possible" on a flight that departs in 30 minutes and is showing 55 seats remaining (on an A320) in the app.
the GAs seldom go off script regardless of the reality of the situation
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:18 am

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
I'm going to guess it has to do with the start of Burning Man. When Reno flights sell out Sacramento is the next logical choice
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
I'm going to guess it has to do with the start of Burning Man. When Reno flights sell out Sacramento is the next logical choice
Interesting theory.

Officially it starts Aug 28, but is this one where there's some pre-action or Tahoe visits.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:56 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'll be the first to admit that snark and troll-baiting can be fun, and have engaged in my fair share of it, but maybe it could be confined to his special thread so that he and his sock-puppets don't eventually pollute every thread in the forum... or just ignore (as I've been trying to do lately) and make good use of the red notify-a-moderator button.
Of course you enjoy making remarks until you get a taste of your own medicine then cry to the moderator, something to be proud of ....
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
But under the NEW policy, greedy diamonds are going to TAKE YOUR SEAT and you'll have to sit with the cargo.
I just became one of those greedy diamonds , sorry to disapoint. I still think the new policy is wrong regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.