DL fully moving to T3 at LHR

Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its on several news sites, and also posted on the FT main website page.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
If I'm in D1 LHR-JFK and my non-status buddy's GUC is still waitlisted (same flight) will I still be able to guest him in to the Clubhouse?

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Yes that's been the VS rule for a while now.

Guest has to be on the same flight as the host whereas it used to be as long as the guest was flying VS that day.

Probably done to reduce some of the numbers in the CH and stop some of the shenenigans re guesting that have occured in the past (if not with VS then certainly with other airlines)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yes. You can still bring a guest into the Clubhouse.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Lounge access is a definite downgrade

My first trip out of T3 was a nasty surprise in terms of lounge access. In comparison to the Skyteam lounge in T4, the No 1 lounge in T3 is small, crowded, and has inferior food options.

Re food, the hot items are table service rather than buffet. Table service works at the Revivals lounge (which I used when I arrived and was very nice), but when you're trying to catch a flight you can't afford to sit and wait to be noticed.

Plus they had the lunch items laid out at 10:30 so if you were looking for breakfast you were SOL.

Ugh, take me back to T4.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Whether or not T3 is a downgrade compared to T4 depends on whether you are in business class or not.

Virgin Clubhouse (T3) > SkyTeam Lounge (T4) > No. 1 Lounge (T3)

If flying in economy, its a downgrade. If flying in Delta One, its an improvement.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Good clarification. I likely won't get to enjoy the Clubhouse since I typically fly business over and coach back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.