Wiki Posts
Search

Man I hate Skypesos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
2) "Fair" is relative, and life isn't fair. On top of that, if people have a problem with the T&C's of the contract (in this case, non-refundable tickets with high change fees), then they can fly another airline.
Do you REALLY believe that T&Cs vary that much among the three remaining majors?

I confess that I have not done a detailed side-by-side-by-side comparison, but I have to imagine they track pretty closely on the customer-hostile terms.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
And Southwest's redeposit fee is ... $0.
And so is my bank's. But I fail to see what either have to do with the OP's situation. WN doesn't even fly to that continent...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm finding that redeeming DL miles for domestic US flights is working out tonbe a better value for me than redeeming AA miles for much the same kind of travel on the same dates. DL led the way, and AA decided to follow full swing in gutting the value customers get out of the redeemable miles.
This can be expensive domestic flights in low (12,500 miles each way), or the next higher level.

Delta also has sub-12,500 mile redemptions on short or cheap flights. I've booked several SAN-SEA or PDX segments at 5,000 miles each for travel this fall. These flights go for $107 or a bit higher. That's 2 cpm. Not amazing, but decent enough for wide-open availability.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Do you REALLY believe that T&Cs vary that much among the three remaining majors?

I confess that I have not done a detailed side-by-side-by-side comparison, but I have to imagine they track pretty closely on the customer-hostile terms.
WN's cancellation and change policies are more consumer-friendly than the legacy carriers. So if that's important to the person I quoted and responded to, and WN actually flies where they want to go, they're free to choose WN. I know what the T&C's are on a DL ticket with regard to cancellations and changes when I book the ticket - given that in 10+ years, I've only paid two change fees to the legacy carriers (once to DL and once to HA), I'd say I've done okay (I have have had two change fees waived because of military obligations conflicting with personal travel; I've also taken advantage of DL's award re-deposit for PMs/DMs a few times to switch to better options that opened up after I made my initial booking).
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Most of them
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
OP, you didn't just redeem for the ticket today or yesterday, did you? If so, then you should be able to cancel for free under the Risk-Free Cancellation policy. I think you'll have to call to get this done without a fee.

Sadly it was 2 days after booking it that I figures it out. Chump change in the scheme of things really.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
WN's cancellation and change policies are more consumer-friendly than the legacy carriers. So if that's important to the person I quoted and responded to, and WN actually flies where they want to go, they're free to choose WN. I know what the T&C's are on a DL ticket with regard to cancellations and changes when I book the ticket - given that in 10+ years, I've only paid two change fees to the legacy carriers (once to DL and once to HA), I'd say I've done okay (I have have had two change fees waived because of military obligations conflicting with personal travel; I've also taken advantage of DL's award re-deposit for PMs/DMs a few times to switch to better options that opened up after I made my initial booking).
WN doesn't fly anywhere close to Moscow or St. Petersburg. I do fly it for intra-Texas flights. However WN is limited in destinations and takes 3 or more stops to get to half the places on its network from some points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.