Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Search for latest flight out of SFO - To Any City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Need to fly home after an event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Sega in Monterrey, CA. Event ends at ~4pm and airport is ~2 hours away. I need to work for a couple hours and then drive there.

If I just put in SFO->ATL(home city) the latest that comes up is is 1030 and connects into DTW. That cuts it a little close. Looking for 11-12am departure.

Is there someway to show latest flight out to start heading east and then connect from there to Atlanta?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Try www.flightstats.com

Click Advanced search, "by airport" tab, departures, time frame. . . Something like that.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
Try www.flightstats.com

Click Airports, departures, time frame. . . Something like that.
Thanks. Will start there.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Google flights is useful for this (using Dep time setting). Would be helpful to know exactly what day you are looking at. There's an 11:15PM non-stop to ATL that operates through August. However, it does not operate Saturday nights. There is also a 12:30AM flight to MSP, it's after midnight, but I can't see any other options on DL. Again is also does not operate Saturday night (Sunday morning).

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 28, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
How about SJC? It's only 1 hour and 20 min drive from Monterey and they have a red eye to ATL. It doesn't run on Saturday though. Although you never know how long it will take with Bay Area traffic.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
You want DL 806, the 12:30 AM red eye to MSP. Make sure to search date+1 and double check things to make sure you are departing exactly when you intend to.

Or maybe you don't want this - a short midcon red eye is the worst for sleep purposes. But these very late MSP red eye flights can be great problem solvers when day of travel is restricted (either by high fares or by company policy preventing same day booking), or when you need to maximize your time in a city before departing.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by BenA
You want DL 806, the 12:30 AM red eye to MSP. Make sure to search date+1 and double check things to make sure you are departing exactly when you intend to.

Or maybe you don't want this - a short midcon red eye is the worst for sleep purposes. But these very late MSP red eye flights can be great problem solvers when day of travel is restricted (either by high fares or by company policy preventing same day booking), or when you need to maximize your time in a city before departing.
It seams like the OP is traveling on a Saturday though as the last departure from SFO on Saturday is at 10:30 as that is what was originally stated. There is no 12:30 AM red eye to MSP on Saturday Night (Sunday Morning)
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Sunday 9/11 is the date.

1230am to MSP would be great. Then grab an early AM flight out of MSP to ATL. And no problem about the sleep. I can easily sleep on planes so two flights back to back and I'll be ready to jump on my motorcycle when I get home

Thanks, everyone. Use all these sites but didn't think of working them like that.

San Jose is an option as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.