Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex Delta Gold card's First checked bag free benefit on split award reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Delta Gold card's First checked bag free benefit on split award reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis First, Hertz PC, National EE,Enterprise Pt, Sixt Plantinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

We will have a family of 6 travelling from LAX-JFK on the same delta operated flight. My wife who is the primary card holder of Amex Delta Gold card and I had redeemed Flying Blue miles to issue our two award ticket on the Delta flight in one reservation. While the other four family members use their own Delta Skymiles account to book their own award flight on the same itinerary.

My questions is can the First checked bag free benefit from my wife's Amex gold card be used to waive other family members' first checked bag fee. Because we have split reservations for this trip, I really appreciate some insights in how to make this work from others had similar experience.

The only info I can find http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...amily-use.html, kind of confirming that it will work if we check in the bags in the delta counter and ask the agent to manually waive the bag fee for all the companions. But I want some more DP for this uncommon scenario. ^
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:52 pm

Yes it will work if everyone has the same flights to the same destination. To help the agent, first give the PNR that has the automatic waiver, then give the PNR that needs the fee manually waived.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis First, Hertz PC, National EE,Enterprise Pt, Sixt Plantinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the info. Very helpful indeed.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: DL PM
Yes, I have also had success with this as long as you are all on the same fight. Just have to check in together at the counter and ask to have them waive the fees. One of their override codes is "DL Amex" IIRC ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.