Wiki Posts
Search

Drink Voucher in C-

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Drink Voucher in C-

This is probably a first for FT. I know that the drink voucher is for alcoholic drinks, but does it also cover something simple like tomato juice without alcohol?

I am flying C- OKC-ATL-OKC due to using AMEX companion certificate for my SO. Neither one of us drink alcohol so I wanted to confirm what seems obvious to me, at least.

I am also curious what happens to these e-vouchers if Gogo is inoperative.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Xeno
This is probably a first for FT. I know that the drink voucher is for alcoholic drinks, but does it also cover something simple like tomato juice without alcohol?

I am flying C- OKC-ATL-OKC due to using AMEX companion certificate for my SO. Neither one of us drink alcohol so I wanted to confirm what seems obvious to me, at least.

I am also curious what happens to these e-vouchers if Gogo is inoperative.
Is tomato juice not complimentary?

Pretty sure everything they offer beverage wise that is not beer/wine/spirits is always free regardless of where you sit.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

You are likely right but not having flown DL C- for perhaps a decade, I simply did not know what they offer on a short run like OKC-ATL-OKC since even FC gets next to nothing when it comes to food on those routes. Also on those flights simple tomato juice with ice sometimes seems a challenge as a PDB.

I was also influenced by last month's CPH-CDG AF flight where all I got in what used to be called PE was water and something like crackers.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
You are likely right but not having flown DL C- for perhaps a decade, I simply did not know what they offer on a short run like OKC-ATL-OKC since even FC gets next to nothing when it comes to food on those routes.
Everything except for alcohol is complimentary in main cabin, including tomato juice. OKC-ATL is more than 250 miles, so a full beverage and snack service will be provided in economy.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by WWads
Everything except for alcohol is complimentary in main cabin, including tomato juice. OKC-ATL is more than 250 miles, so a full beverage and snack service will be provided in economy.
In my experience, even on short flights where a full beverage service isn't offered, if you ring your call button and ask for a drink they will bring it to you (so long as your choice was actually catered).
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Also on those flights simple tomato juice with ice sometimes seems a challenge as a PDB.
uh, you're not getting a PDB in C-.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Of course I meant PDB for FC, but this failed thread illustrates how my perception of DL C- on short routes is colored by the occasional EF/PE on AF or regular economy on TK. TK economy FCO-SAW exceeded my expectations whereas SAW-AYT was more like what I expected.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Of course I meant PDB for FC, but this failed thread illustrates how my perception of DL C- on short routes is colored by the occasional EF/PE on AF or regular economy on TK. TK economy FCO-SAW exceeded my expectations whereas SAW-AYT was more like what I expected.
CPH-CDG on AF is not representative of their "premium economy" product the way it is marketed (and thus the name primarily used for) longer flights.

I wouldn't expect anything special outside of a snack and beverage (as you received) for a short hop from Denmark to France. The legroom may be greater but the service and seat are otherwise the same.

I'm no AF apologist and think they have many faults - their short haul FAs tend to be less attentive than DL's, and their catering tends to err more often.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Maybe 18 months prior to the AF CPH-CDG flight, I flew AF PE either from CDG to WAW or return BUD-CDG. The previous flight was PE and had a meal much like the 'business' section. I think I even had the row to myself or at least the middle seat was empty and we had a pillow and blanket. I also think the curtain was behind PE. Of course there was no difference in legroom from regular economy but at least my seat had recline.

Last month's CPH-CDG was now called EF and there were no perks other than early boarding which I have anyway as a DM. Now the curtain is behind business and in front of EF and there was no pillow or blanket. That particular flight the seats did not recline. I was surprised at the lack of food for a flight that length but found on the AF forum an explanation in the change of policy. I have no complaints with the AF FAs either EF CPH-CDG or business CDG-MSP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...rovements.html
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
On the Gogo inoperative side, I'm not sure.

However, I don't trust it to be so I always just print off my vouchers if I think I'm going to use them. On at least two different flights, the FAs never actually scanned them in, so those vouchers are still listed as unused in my DL account.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
On the Gogo inoperative side, I'm not sure.

However, I don't trust it to be so I always just print off my vouchers if I think I'm going to use them. On at least two different flights, the FAs never actually scanned them in, so those vouchers are still listed as unused in my DL account.
I always pull up the coupon on the app before my flight and take a screenshot of it just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.