Upgrade not honored - no reason

Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I didn't ask whether it happens or not, I asked if you were OK with it.

And it's funny you keep saying that I don't think agents bend the rules when I've explicitly said they do about 100 times. But since your argument has zero credibility it makes sense you would resort to shameless lying.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Based on your previous performance, I'm going to guess that "whether you're OK with it" and "whether you stand to gain or lose from it" just happen to coincide.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
10,000 Skymiles is nothing. Delta needs to learn to stop screwing people over whenever the mood strikes.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by pvn
You guys are OK with taking someone who was giving a F boarding pass, has boarded the plane and taken their seat, and yanking them off and sending them to the back?
100% yes, absolutely. If they were given an inappropriate UG it should definitely be taken back IMO. YMMV.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by krlcomm
100% yes, absolutely. If they were given an inappropriate UG it should definitely be taken back IMO. YMMV.
+1....happens frequently and it is the only way to correct the situation. I have seen it happen several times in the wild.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
+1....happens frequently and it is the only way to correct the situation. I have seen it happen several times in the wild.
Agree... Was the cause of it a few weeks back actually. Flying with a companion in paid F, seats were given away to medallions via complimentary UGs due to a checkin glitch... When we got to the gate, the two people upgraded into our seats had to do the walk of shame back to coach... They had even already received PDBs! Anything less than this is unacceptable in situations where your upgrade or seat is given to someone it shouldn't have.

Miles + new cert would be fair compensation IMO for the OP's situation.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by appleguru
Agree... ... When we got to the gate, the two people upgraded into our seats had to do the walk of shame back to coach... They had even already received PDBs! Anything less than this is unacceptable in situations where your upgrade or seat is given to someone it shouldn't have.
Agree that this is right, but that the onus is also on Delta to put those pax who were wrongly upgraded back into Y seats that are just as good or better than the ones they were upgraded from. If a pax was upgraded from a C+ aisle seat that pax should not then be sent to a middle seat in the rear of the plane. OR, if this will end up causing a musical chairs game that will delay the flight, then that pax is due compensation for being downgraded from their original seat.

I would also say that the flight leaving on time is the #1 priority, and that if removing people from F seats to put others there will cause a delay, then the appropriate step is to offer compensation and/or another flight in F to the pax who are supposed to be there. We should not have people missing connections, etc for this.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:24 am
pvn
Suspended

If you're in paid F that's a different story. Having a confirmed seat given away to someone else is a much bigger deal that an upgrade where you never had a F assignment not being processed correctly.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
If you're in paid F that's a different story. Having a confirmed seat given away to someone else is a much bigger deal that an upgrade where you never had a F assignment not being processed correctly.
Agreed. And there have been stories of paid F seats being given away to upgrades when paid F pax is late (did not make the t-15 deadline) from a tight connection. This is unacceptable as GA is able to see if pax has a chance to make the connection or not, and should be waiting until the last possible moment to move pax (as in, hand the lead FA the new boarding pass to move someone up from coach right before closing the a/c door).
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
But to read the thread title, weren't there in fact reasons why the upgrade wasn't honored? 1. Your flight was delayed and you were moving this over to another flight -- and from another originating airport. 2. There was mention that something got miscoded when it got rebooked. 3. And the redcoat wouldn't reverse the upgrades already given away to put you in instead.

Those are three reasons.

Delta moved you to the other originating airport and they kept your upgrade intact for the second segment. And they have offered you 10K miles, and since you don't want just that, they have said they will contact you next week to try to resolve it.

Those are three different tries to make it better.

I do think they should give you the RUC back.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: none
Whoever wrote this headline should reconsider its content.

QUOTE:

she said "they didn't book my ticket correctly, because I paid H fare but was showing a Y-fare"..

OP was given a "reason". He just didn't like what he was told.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Allan38103

QUOTE:

she said "they didn't book my ticket correctly, because I paid H fare but was showing a Y-fare"..

Since he used a cert to upgrade that didn't really have any consequences, did it?

DL can say they didn't upgrade you because the Braves haven't won the world series in 20 years. How that is in any way relevant is beyond me.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Allan38103

QUOTE:

That's a horrible reason. Considering that Delta's own gate software will reissue the ticket in Y class, the Red Coat basically told the OP that Delta's software failed so that's why Delta won't upgrade him. (Reservations' software also does this.)

If the reason were something at fault with OP, that's different. The Red Coat straight up cleared the upgrade list out of order, which is 100% unacceptable. No exceptions.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
OP might have better titled the thread: "RUC partially honored by DL from new origin after IRROP; Poor redcoat service"
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:34 am

Redcoats make judgment calls. The call didn't fall in your favor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.