Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ middle seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:24 pm

I got "upgraded" last night from an exit row, aisle seat to a C+ middle seat. I called Delta immediately when I got the notification. After getting home, I was able to confirm that I did have the preference selected to not accept C+ upgrades on the flight.

Bug, conspiracy, or random annoyance?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
I don't understand when you say you were able to do this before C+ became a separate class of service. There were no "upgrades" so there were no requests.

I don't care about the option you mention; I want to option to select the middle and window in C+ for my wife and I.
Whoa whoa whoa ......that's just plain anti delta talk right there. The nerve of actually wanting to be able to pick where you want to sit and not to be assigned a random seat. Another delta fail.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by WorldlyChicken
This is why I have that option turned off. I have even called and had them remove it when it has been turned on by accident or a glitch in their system.
I keep it turned off, and then go bug the GA to put it back if I see a enough aisle/window inventory.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Didn't realize I had my C+ UG box checked. Thought I unchecked it but I actually didn't save it for some dumb reason and got "upgraded" to a C+ middle seat tomorrow on a flight from ATL-SDF. On the UG list it says there are still 2 C+ seats left but seat map shows none. I'm on an MD-88 and they usually block off 10D and E until gate control (for people with service animals, etc..)so if I ask the GA in ATL should I expect them to move me or call DL right now and have them move me back to C- right now.(Still 50 seats left in C-) It's a short flight so it's not too bad to be in a middle seat for a short flight. Also there are still 2 FC seats left and maybe a DM/PMs C+ seat will open up when they are Upgrade to FC

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Jul 31, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stein07
I got "upgraded" last night from an exit row, aisle seat to a C+ middle seat. I called Delta immediately when I got the notification. After getting home, I was able to confirm that I did have the preference selected to not accept C+ upgrades on the flight.

Bug, conspiracy, or random annoyance?
I've seen mention of this happening a few times here on FT. Makes me rather anxious, I absolutely do not want a middle seat. Like freakout/claustrophobia do not want. I check the seat map before boarding, and board as soon as I may in the Sky group in case my BP scan pops up a paper receipt seat change.

I fly entirely on my own dime, and I am increasingly frustrated that spending the $$/time to be a GM doesn't even give me peace of mind that I'll be in an exit row (and, yes, I do know that GAs or other DL folks can, on occasion, move one. Seat assignments are never guaranteed. But in my experience before the C+ 'upgrade' debacle, they were rare ... I have been moved from one to another exit row a couple times to accommodate pax wanting to travel together. But never to a middle seat. Phew).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
I never check upgrade for C+ for a middle seat. Thursday I did a SDS to get on an earlier PHX-MSP flight. When getting cleared they offered middle C+ or aisle in the back, took the aisle.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by BigDawg23
I never check upgrade for C+ for a middle seat. Thursday I did a SDS to get on an earlier PHX-MSP flight. When getting cleared they offered middle C+ or aisle in the back, took the aisle.
But what about the free drinks snack basket and 4 inches of legroom?☺
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Are you able to take yourself off the auto-upgrade list, but then once your window opens (I'm GM, so 3 days for me), can I manually upgrade myself to a window/aisle seat?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:34 am

Pro tip: Drink enough comp Woodfords and you won't care which seat you're in...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG PLAT, MARR GOLD
Originally Posted by Scott H
I don't understand why this is such a big deal for folks. I make reservations through delta.com and choose a seat in the back, then once it is booked I go back in and make my own C+ seat selection. What's the big deal?
Here's how it can be a big deal. As soon as I buy a ticket through my corporate travel website, I go on Delta.com to choose my seat. On an ATL-SFO flight, there were no C+ available so I chose an aisle in economy. At a later date, I was "upgraded" to a C+ middle seat with no other C+ seats available. I had to call and have them move me back to my original economy aisle seat and remove my "upgrade" choice. A few days later an aisle seat opened up in C+, but when I tried to choose it, Delta.com wouldn't let me. (Because I had them manually remove the C+ upgrade option) The center seat that they tried to put me in was still available as well. I called the Diamond line and was informed that even though the seat showed up as open that it was already spoken for, along with the center seat. I asked the lady on the line if I had kept the center seat "upgrade" would I have been able to switch over to the C+ aisle when it opened up and she informed me that I could have. She definitely sensed my frustration and let me know she had been dealing with countless other Diamonds with similar frustrations.

I have been incredibly happy with Delta for years. However, that was the first time I felt inclined to write a complaint email to Delta, which I did. I got back a reply that basically said all the changes that were made were done to reward their most frequent flyers. I had to chuckle at that since it was so absurd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.