Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
i logged on to see if amex miles posted correctly

it took several clicks.

my first thought was

"oh, they don't want you to see how many miles you have, lest you actually use them... they'd rather you just buy a revenue ticket"
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:33 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
agree - not having the username & password on the home screen is just stooopid.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by mnbp
Actually, I appreciate the "cleaner" look to the DL home page redesign. The prior home page was getting rather cluttered in my opinion.
I'm confused by the cleaner look part. What is cleaner about it? The fact that it doesn't have your log in area on it? Other than checking flight status on your computer, but then you are searching for your flight by number or destination and it's easier to log in.

Once you are logged in, which is from a practicality standpoint, in my opinion a must do, the homepage looks the same as it did before.

Maybe I am in the minority on how I use the page, but no matter how I look at it logging in is always better for what I would possibly use the site for:

Flight Status
Medallion Qualification Status
How Many Miles do I have
Quoting or Purchasing a Flight Reward with Miles
Re-booking a delayed flight, or quoting to change a flight
Viewing the Upgrade list
Seeing anything about your Skymiles Account

The only thing that I can think of that I wouldn't log in for, is if I were picking someone up at the airport. Even that I don't do with Delta.com as they are less accurate than flight aware.

If there is something I am missing, it might make my life easier, so please share.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gooselee
And actually, this doesn't work for my use case. If you select F outbound and Y return, you get the mixed cabin itin. But if you choose Y out and F return, both segments switch to F (same as before the update). Oh well.
Hmmm. Worked for me on desktop Delta.com, Firefox, IE, and Chrome, logged in or not. Didn't try Safari or mobile.

Route-specific, or maybe the itin has, say, a K-up available round-trip only?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by AKC6
Hmmm. Worked for me on desktop Delta.com, Firefox, IE, and Chrome, logged in or not. Didn't try Safari or mobile.

Route-specific, or maybe the itin has, say, a K-up available round-trip only?
I only tried it with my two trips I needed to book last week, so I don't have a good sample at all. Will keep trying with others.

It also didn't work on multi city for me, where I would be okay with MSY-SEA in Y but want SEA-ATL in F.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What kind of idiots are doing website design these days?
Why keep adding additional steps/clicks just to log in or to see your information?

What was wrong with being able to log in from the main site and actually see your miles and status listed under your name? They stupid popup window on the right just is annoying and gets in the way.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by rylan
What kind of idiots are doing website design these days?
Why keep adding additional steps/clicks just to log in or to see your information?

What was wrong with being able to log in from the main site and actually see your miles and status listed under your name? They stupid popup window on the right just is annoying and gets in the way.
Cmon you don't like the new 3 step process. Like we have anything better to do.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don
Because they're idiots and have no clue that some people don't have a 1 GB/s connection to the internet.
+1

A very annoying change
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
And, after all these years, we still cannot upgrade online with miles like we could with nwa.com, despite being promised that this was coming (like in 2011!).
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
And, after all these years, we still cannot upgrade online with miles like we could with nwa.com, despite being promised that this was coming (like in 2011!).
They are way too busy taking things away...no time for that.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Well at least Delta made it possible to book difference cabins on round award travel trips;

Starting July 21, 2016, SkyMiles Members will enjoy more flexibility when booking Award Travel, so you have even more opportunities than ever to enjoy new places and experiences. So what is the change? You will now have the option to book different cabins on the outbound and return flights of the same round-trip ticket. This means you can relax in Delta Comfort+™ on your way to your destination and enjoy our premium Delta One™ cabin to return home refreshed and rested.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What'z an "nwa"?!?!?

Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
I'm betting that the old login part of the homepage had some security deficiency which was identified and most quickly addressed by taking the login off the homepage and making you login on a separate page...
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by dk240t
I'm betting that the old login part of the homepage had some security deficiency which was identified and most quickly addressed by taking the login off the homepage and making you login on a separate page...
I had a glaring security flaw.

The login fields were active while the page was still loading. This could take the focus away from password textbox as you were typing it.

Regardless, bookmarking the login page has always been faster.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
Regardless, bookmarking the login page has always been faster.
This is brilliant. No idea why I haven't thought of this before, other than the obvious answer that davetravels is far more intelligent than I.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.