Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Advice on Dealing with Delta Terrible Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Dealing with Delta Terrible Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:56 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
our collective charms.

Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Per OP's msg: "including a business breakfast on our last day before the flight." "As a result, I had to miss my business breakfast"

I sure hope this is "your" company and you used sky miles to defer costs. If I traveled on "business", I wouldn't use my miles for travel except maybe to upgrade.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Navig8R
The OP was supposedly notified about the change in departure via email. This apparently occurred at 7:30AM, day of departure, ~5 hours before newly scheduled departure time. Where did the EC 261/2004 violation occur?
When the notice of change occurs <1 week before scheduled departure and involves a departure no more than 1 hour than originally scheduled. 5 Hours is less than 1 week.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Definitely a tough crowd here. OP, I'm sorry you had to go through that. The amount of miles used is irrelevant and shouldn't be blamed on the OP. If you can, show us a screenshot of the DL email stating the earlier time, and hopefully DL will take care of you. Escalate if necessary.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by eqo31
It could very well have just been a typo that resulted in an automated system sending out all the mails.

FWIW, on a flight from JNB -> ATL, it was originally scheduled at 19:55.

I got a mail in the afternoon warning me it was delayed until 7:55AM the next day, and all of the typical irrops UI showed up on the website.

I figured someone fat fingered the PM/AM part and called. But in this case, calling didn't help - it was 7:55AM in the system.

I ended up checking flight aware for the inbound, then decided to head to the airport anyways.

Sure enough, plane departed at 19:50 that day as scheduled.
I've gotten erroneous emails as well. I never believe any email I get from DL. As soon as I receive an email, I go online to check to see what has changed (if anything).

But most people don't do that, and believe what they receive.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I've gotten erroneous emails as well. I never believe any email I get from DL. As soon as I receive an email, I go online to check to see what has changed (if anything).

But most people don't do that, and believe what they receive.
This is unfortunately correct.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by zieglergirls
Why would I need to double check after getting an urgent email from Delta?
To save yourself a lot of trouble. If something looks like a mistake, there's a good chance it is.

If you want people here to help you, post the email here (sans personal details) so we can see what kind of DL email it was (skd change, or ETD change or ?).
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Probably not doing because we are a tough crowd.
True enough. The unofficial motto of FlyerTalk is "When in doubt, blame the OP!"

Actually now that I think about it, there doesn't even have to be any doubt.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by 18sas
True enough. The unofficial motto of FlyerTalk is "When in doubt, blame the OP!"

LOL
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the OP did OLCI for the outbound flight(s), a schedule change that was posted by then should have been immediately obvious on the itinerary unless the award tickets were booked as two one ways.

AFAIK we don't know the route, so the OP's missing the rescheduled flight time could have required an overnight stay and it's not obvious that DL would have paid for this.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 18sas

Well the other thing is to focus on things that are irrelevant to the OP's question or position - in this case, many people focusing on how many miles OP used for the ticket. OP provided this information unnecessarily, yet although it has no bearing on the situation it has become a major focus of this thread. The only thing that matters is the email the OP received about the flight time and this causing OP to show up at the airport way earlier then expected, only to find out that the flight was departing at the time OP initially thought (or actually slightly delayed), and what could have led to this. How many miles OP paid has no bearing on what could have led to this situation or how OP can resolve the situation.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Well the other thing is to focus on things that are irrelevant to the OP's question or position - in this case, many people focusing on how many miles OP used for the ticket. OP provided this information unnecessarily, yet although it has no bearing on the situation it has become a major focus of this thread. The only thing that matters is the email the OP received about the flight time and this causing OP to show up at the airport way earlier then expected, only to find out that the flight was departing at the time OP initially thought (or actually slightly delayed), and what could have led to this. How many miles OP paid has no bearing on what could have led to this situation or how OP can resolve the situation.
I'm not so sure it's irrelevant, but for different reasons: We expect DL to offer more apology miles when the traveler is an elite or has a more expensive ticket.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by zieglergirls
I complained to Delta about this, and my having missed my business breakfast etc. and the guy offered me 10,000 miles - which is nothing given I spent a ton of miles for this trip. Any thoughts short of suing Delta? Thanks.
That is about $140 in value at 1.4 cents per mile. The late notice is a pain, but schedules change all the time. Not sure when you last checked. I always check the night before.

Sounds like a fair offer. I'd ask for 10,000 each but take 10,000.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Well the other thing is to focus on things that are irrelevant to the OP's question or position - in this case, many people focusing on how many miles OP used for the ticket.
OK, I'll pile on! . . . .

First of all, I don't think anyone here was FOCUSING on the amount of miles. Yes, absolutely, it was discussed. Personally, I feel that a thread in a forum is like a conversation in a room of people. As soon something is mentioned, it's part of the conversation, and it's fair game to discuss.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:35 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
First of all, I don't think anyone here was FOCUSING on the amount of miles.
wat

several posts only talked about the miles and didn't offer any other thoughts, opinions or advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.