Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: DM MM
Seat belts that are installed upside down and you have to wear them with a twist in the belt.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by 3furballs
I may go crazy just knowing this is out there and I really hope it's a one off and that someone caught it after this plane (and I looked, at least all the C+ rows had this mistake) because really...
Assuming you mean the spelling?

Floatation and flotation are both correct! (I've noticed this before too!)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by RoadGame
Seat belts that are installed upside down and you have to wear them with a twist in the belt.
I *hate* this. I usually force a fold through to fix it after an hour of it annoying me.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
GA's at gates with close proximity that just say "now boarding Zone 1", without a flight number or destination. .. People in the 4 adjoining gates all rush their boarding doors. MCO is particularly bad about this at times.
^ Yes we had a thread about this a few weeks ago. It seems most everyone is in favor of going back to the automated gate announcements. It was a much better system.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Fireman
TATL dinner service in J. Why do they hand out freezing cold silverware? Ruins the soup.
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Now, if there's a salad, well then of course the fork should be chilled.
GEEZ!!! Where do you think you are, a restaurant in Beverly Hills?!?

Whaadda'U expect for five thousand DOLLARS!?!

Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by droidcore
Love flying in row 2 Domestic (usually A/B) but loathe the last-minute upgraded bulkhead goobers that set recline to maximum as soon as we're leaving the ground. Can count on it, always.
^ THIS.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I don't understand people who think they should get to decide if/when and how much I should be able to recline my seat. Bulkhead rows don't have as much space as others, why would you try to make them even more uncomfortable?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: DM MM
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
+1.

And people who chew on ice cubes.
I had this guy as a seatmate in F, 5 full cups of ice, coke would be gone in one gulp then 30 min of ice chewing per glass.

Worse was a guy on a coast to coast that had thousands of sealed envelopes, would tear open each one, look at the contents for 2 sec. then tear it all up, all on an o-dark-thirty am flight with everyone trying to sleep. Lasted for four hours, he didn't have a clue.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The silverware comments reminded me of something which is random and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but it's a positive, so hopefully still in the spirit of the thread:

On the D1 767 TCONs (presumably the intl ones too) the edges of the tray tables are magnetized to make it harder for your silverware to slip off. It's a little thing, but a nice touch ^
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I hate (love) Y pax that complain about not being allowed to use the J facilities on airlines Facebook pages. Bonus points for those that claim its discrimination. School holidays/family once a year travellers are always good for this outcry.

Pre boards always annoy me, especially if they have a teen with a stupid hat that's on sidewards and the brim hasn't been bent/curved. I just want to smack the parents with the stupid hat and tell them to go sit down until their zone is called as their teenager doesn't need that much help to put a bag up and seatbelt on.

I also wish the gate agents would police the priority boarding lane and send people back.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:05 pm

I had this guy as a seatmate in F, 5 full cups of ice, coke would be gone in one gulp then 30 min of ice chewing per glass.

Worse was a guy on a coast to coast that had thousands of sealed envelopes, would tear open each one, look at the contents for 2 sec. then tear it all up, all on an o-dark-thirty am flight with everyone trying to sleep. Lasted for four hours, he didn't have a clue.
I feel like I might be this guy... (Well, at least the ice cube thing... I love chewing ice cubes!)

I don't think I've ever done the envelope shredding thing on a plane, but I could totally see that being me and being completely oblivious... Sorry!!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:15 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It was Coke ZERO!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
When the safety videos say "If you're seated in the economy cabin, your life vest is under your seat. If you're seated in the first or business class cabin, we have no idea where the f*** your life vest is."
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:29 am

When the Airport Automated Kiosk can't read my old plastic Delta Sky Miles Card with the barcode.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by danielonn
When the Airport Automated Kiosk can't read my old plastic Delta Sky Miles Card with the barcode.
When it can't read my new one!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.