Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Your medallion upgrade has been confirmed...

to C+

#CoachIsCoach
#SideGrade
#FakeUpgrade
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Or better yet, go back to zone numbers for everyone. No more confusion.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:28 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
How about . . . .

Boarding . . . .

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
. . . . about 1 dozen wheelchairs . . . .
And . . . .

Deplaning . . . .

ZERO wheelchairs!

USCTrojan83 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
Originally Posted by davetravels

And . . . .

Deplaning . . . .

ZERO wheelchairs!

Those of us in the business call this phenomenon another "Miracle healing by Jetway Jesus....Praise the Lord!"
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
How about . . . .

Boarding . . . .
And . . . .
Deplaning . . . .
ZERO wheelchairs!

Originally Posted by Down3Green
Those of us in the business call this phenomenon another "Miracle healing by Jetway Jesus....Praise the Lord!"
Don't get me started - it really p****s me off big time.
SH115 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l-version.html

Closed Dec 6, 2011

Feel free to make a case to a mod to allow it to live on!

Just checked his thread, so sad.

My hope is to just keep a little sense of humor in here independant from his own thread that can at least bring some laughs to the crazy things Delta has done perhaps in a different style and light in respect for him.

Back on topic however,

Why does delta need to have a premium zone and skypriority? If first class gets the skypriority experience, whats the point of having 2 separate zones? Just have platinums, golds, and silvers board in the "medallion zone". And perhaps, comfort+ in zone 1? Oh and another pet peeve of mine, why is it we just have a general boarding lane and a breeze way. Why cant we have a lane for each zone that merges at the podium? I mean how hard can it be, if WN can do it by row, I think we can have four lanes.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:52 am

Ooooh, I've got one!

Sometimes I'll have a redeye and really be looking forward to leaning up against the window and sleeping the whole way. Then I get upgraded!

There's often a big gap between my seat and the window, preventing me from leaning to the side - and I don't want to be the jerk that reclines my seat fully. Even worse, I 'have' to stay awake until beverages are served, because it makes sleeping fully upright so much more possible.

Sadly, this is an actual complaint of mine - talk about first world problems!
quoo likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by synergistic
Ooooh, I've got one!

Sometimes I'll have a redeye and really be looking forward to leaning up against the window and sleeping the whole way. Then I get upgraded!

There's often a big gap between my seat and the window, preventing me from leaning to the side - and I don't want to be the jerk that reclines my seat fully. Even worse, I 'have' to stay awake until beverages are served, because it makes sleeping fully upright so much more possible.

Sadly, this is an actual complaint of mine - talk about first world problems!
of course, it's even worse when the only remaining F seats are aisles ... I have taken 20 redeyes (by actual flight log entries) in the past two years, and the only one where I was really uncomfortable the entire trip was in 3C on a 739
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
of course, it's even worse when the only remaining F seats are aisles ... I have taken 20 redeyes (by actual flight log entries) in the past two years, and the only one where I was really uncomfortable the entire trip was in 3C on a 739
I feel your pain! Fortunately, other people usually seem to prefer aisles, so I've mostly had luck chatting up my neighbors during PDBs and finding someone who's happy to switch.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I wasn't looking forward to the last one when I had a choice between 5B and 5C, and saw a 757 at the jetway ... but it turned out to be a 753 with the comfy old seats

savored my Woodford PDB, reclined about 50% by the time the landing gear was fully retracted, and the next thing I knew the captain was announcing 20 min to touchdown in DTW

ok, back to rants
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:25 am

When I am sitting in F on Compass Airlines, and the FA announces passengers can use whichever lav is most convenient and they emphasize that coach passengers are welcome to use the first class lav.
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by The Situation
When I am sitting in F on Compass Airlines, and the FA announces passengers can use whichever lav is most convenient and they emphasize that coach passengers are welcome to use the first class lav.
Yeah I definitely have a problem with that. I would think DL would too, since they're paying for that expensive Malin + Goetz soap.

An older FA on a recent flight specifically announced that the forward lav was for rows 1-4, and that economy passengers were restricted to using the rear lav.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: none
People who don't include their route/flight number, seat number, total miles flown, status, how much they paid for their ticket (or whether it's an award) on their post.

How are we supposed to know how important they are?
quoo and AJNEDC like this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Allan38103
People who don't include their route/flight number, seat number, total miles flown, status, how much they paid for their ticket (or whether it's an award) on their post.

How are we supposed to know how important they are?
^
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
How little storage most of the D1 seats have, and how difficult it can be to find a comfortable position to sit in in them :-/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.