Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
United is getting rid of Global First. And as noted Polaris is years away from being common at UA. DL has the only all aisle access business class of any US airline and is one of a very few international airlines. Most airlines don't offer F, because no one wants to buy it. It's a free/upgrade cabin when it was offered.

As for the Residence, that's not even really F. It's closer to F+ since those flights also have The Apartments which are F.

Bottom line DL cabins might need a refresh, but they're the only game in town with a J product like what they have. Fly J on a lot of airlines and you don't even have 180 lie-flats.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
In the pic above, it appears as though the seats on the "2" side, are staggered somewhat, so that you're not exactly shoulder-to-shoulder or eye-to-eye with your neighbor - - or, is that an optical illusion. Even if so, I guess you still hafto step over your neighbor's feet / legs to get out.
They are indeed staggered. And yes, you have to step over the aisle to get out, but something about their design makes this not so bad. I don't quite know how to describe it other than you have enough room to stand next to your neighbor in front of the armrest so you have good footing before the "leap" if that makes sense. And also there is good spacing between the end of the armrests and seat in front.

Basically everything that makes this maneuver difficult on DL's 75S, the KL seats seem to solve for.

For D1 product in general, I will say this: I'm at least glad to have consistency on DL. Even if I have a flight swapped from a 330 to a 767 or 777, I know I'm getting a 180-flat bed and aisle access. This is unlike AF or even EK where an equip swap could mean your J seat is vastly different from what you expected.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
I'm a diehard Row 1 devotee, but recently I was in 3D on a 739. 2D reclined his seat all the way, which doesn't bother me, but there was barely enough room for me to get out of my seat without jostling his seat which is something I pride myself on never doing. And I am slender and able to easily maneuver in/out of seat rows without grabbing anything for support or balance. Not exactly a "first class" experience.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
(1) excessive use of "do" in announcements by the FAs -- "We do offer complimentary pretzels, peanuts, and Biscoff cookies"; "We do request passengers to use only the lavatory in the cabin in which you are seated"; "We do require all portable electronic devices to be placed in airplane mode prior to taxi"

(2) FAs and GAs saying "We do have a completely full flight today" after the GA says no volunteers arnecessary because they're going to go out with 5 or 6 empty seats (yeah, I know WHY they're saying it, but this is the "Hall of Rants" thread)
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jrl767
(yeah, I know WHY they're saying it, but this is the "Hall of Rants" thread)
Indeed.

Some people forget the purpose of the thread. Equally so, Ik why I'm never going to see a Delta version of EYs residence on my next flight. Nor on KLM either. However, on this thread I'm going to do the one thing that I usually despise doing: skipping the facts and being short sighted over my best interests. As it's 'dang well' not going to happen anywhere else.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
(1) excessive use of "do" in announcements by the FAs -- "We do offer complimentary pretzels, peanuts, and Biscoff cookies"; "We do request passengers to use only the lavatory in the cabin in which you are seated"; "We do require all portable electronic devices to be placed in airplane mode prior to taxi"

(2) FAs and GAs saying "We do have a completely full flight today" after the GA says no volunteers arnecessary because they're going to go out with 5 or 6 empty seats (yeah, I know WHY they're saying it, but this is the "Hall of Rants" thread)
I "DO" see that, you must've had a rough day of flying today!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Why, Dave, why?

If I do say, I think you're too much for me.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:17 am

I love it when they get into that routine and realize half-way through their spiel that the plane is only a third full and they are like, "We do a have a completely...um...not...um...very full flight today"
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
not actually that rough, just self-inflictedly long: LHR-SLC-SEA (approx 18 hrs from dropping off bags to collecting them), then SEA-JFK-DCA redeye 24 hrs later; posted while finishing my Woodford PDB just before pushback from SEA
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Also as bad is when their red smartphone/tablet struggles to load the text they're supposed to read. They end up saying half a sentence, stopping, starting, stopping, over and over. What should be three or four minutes takes ten, even though they know it by memory.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
. . . . even though they know it by memory.
In all fairness, I "DO" notice that, the lingo in the schpiel changes somewhat every now n' then.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The MSY SC (currently there) doesn't have pimento cheese...
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by WWads
The MSY SC (currently there) doesn't have pimento cheese...
I see your pimento cheese and raise you. Replace one of the soups with an Etouffee.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
I see your pimento cheese and raise you. Replace one of the soups with an Etouffee.
NOLA SC should definitely have gumbo too.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:46 pm

There'za SkyClub at MSY ?!?!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.