Another C+ upgrade question

Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Another C+ upgrade question

Hi All,

GM here. I've been reading through the C+ thread since way before May 16 and feel I have a fairly decent handle on things. I usually leave the C+ box unchecked because I only really like aisle seats and I'm happy w/ the exit row.

Here's the question. I'm under 72 hours out. There are a few C+ seats available (incl 2 aisles). If I check the box now, in your experience, do things usually clear immediately? If it doesn't clear in an hour or so, assume I can just uncheck it?

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by royevans
Hi All,

GM here. I've been reading through the C+ thread since way before May 16 and feel I have a fairly decent handle on things. I usually leave the C+ box unchecked because I only really like aisle seats and I'm happy w/ the exit row.

Here's the question. I'm under 72 hours out. There are a few C+ seats available (incl 2 aisles). If I check the box now, in your experience, do things usually clear immediately? If it doesn't clear in an hour or so, assume I can just uncheck it?

Thanks
It should clear right away. C+ upgrades are treated the same as FC upgrades so this means that the earliest a GM's upgrade would clear would be at 4 days out at around 5pm ET when the computer processes the upgrades so if it is under 72 hours it should clear and if it doesn't you can always uncheck the box again.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Tried this and it worked instantly - the page refreshed, I clicked on "select seat," and I was able to move up to C+. Thanks!!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: delta dm
Just because there is an open seat doesn't mean you get automatically clear to c+. If RM feels they can sell the seat they will let it go to the gate just like FC. Be careful before you check the c+ box.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Just because there is an open seat doesn't mean you get automatically clear to c+. If RM feels they can sell the seat they will let it go to the gate just like FC. Be careful before you check the c+ box.
Right. You could also call in and they could check whether there is WU available and then upgrade you over the phone.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Right. You could also call in and they could check whether there is WU available and then upgrade you over the phone.
Yeah, this was actually how I was afraid it worked. I guess the easy answer is check the box, refresh the page, and if it hasn't cleared, uncheck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.